Mach 26 backplate to non pullstart backplate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyD

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys
i bought a mach 26 for my hyper 7 pro but the engine wont fit due to the huge backplate on it (pulled from a new LST w/rotostart) so i need to seal the back of the engine with a new backplate (nonpull) so that i can get the clearnece i need for my starter box. my question is: is it hard to dremel off that pin thats in there? do i have to take the whole mill apart to do this? dont feel comfortable tearing apart a new mill lol. is it easy to do or am i taking a big risk in messing something else up? does someone have a link with step by step diagrams or info on how to do this?
any info is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
engine
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN0887

sorry one more question...
on my hyper 21 8 port race engine, when i put a sealed backplate on that mill the backplate had a groove for the pin so no dremeling was required, is there a backplate such as that 1 that will fit the mach 26 with no dremeling being needed? thanks again

1: it's not hard
2: you don't HAVE to take th eentire mill apart but it sure makes doing this 1000 times easier...
3: I wouldn't try using a dremel, use a bench grinder and touch it up w/ a dremel...those cranks are hardened (usually) and it would be a bitch to do w/ a dremel....
4: I wouldn't know what backplate to use since every version of that mill I've seen has a rotostart on it, so i don't know if they make a plate like you're describing

The sh .21 pro back plate will fit. Also the 24.7 backplate.

vbgagnon said:
The sh .21 pro back plate will fit. Also the 24.7 backplate.
Thanks for all your help guys, joey i bought that backplate alrdy but was looking for one where i didnt have to dremel the pin out. vbgagnon thanks for your info, didnt know the mach .26's were made by SH. i have heard gr8 things about SH and i guess dyamite has to lol. Couldnt find any info on the backplates i was looking for but got a friend that is willing to help me out and is going to remove the pin as i watch. gotta luv RC 99.9% coolest ppl you may ever meet and relate to(all walks of life & professions). thanks again l8r