Mac Owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see they say not compatable with pc's either all the more reason to download your tunes thx for heads up eddy

Thanks for lookin' out Eddy. Ill be sure to keep that in mind when I buy my next CD. Damn, I dont remember the last time I bought a CD.

Most of my CDs were created before Napster made things difficult for computer music, but thanks for looking out for us.

The copy protection is getting pretty rough. They put beeps and junk into the audio as you rip to disk. I don't know how they do it. It must be some exploit in the AUDIO CD format. The Audio industry has hackers working for them now. I see a technical war comming between those that want free music and those that want you to pay for it.

I think the next step for those that want free music is to make a CD player device that has the normal access to the digital information. The back end of the device would have to write out the "clean data" to something like a cdburner. It may have to be done in real time (74 minutes to make a clean copy). That might suck. Also, if you're going to pay for a device to rip CDs, why not just buy the CDs? :x

-rob

Back