Lucky me! I'm the proud owner of!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untchbl

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So guy's, maybe 3 years ago I built everything to start out racing. rc10gt team truck with a non-pull os. jr xr3, dynamite starter box, everything needed really. Well I ran out of money, and need some so I sold it to my grandpa for 200 bucks. He had intended on using it for one of his grandsons at some point. Well, I bought everything back from him for 200 bucks last night. :dance: Well actually traded him. I bought 2 kinwald edition xx buggies 10 motors 15 batteries, good charger fx and well everything my buddy had for his two buggies. tools rebuild stuff, I mean everything for 200 bucks. My grandpa told me to use the gas for myself, and also get my 12 year old brother started with the buggies. So this turned out to be a sweet deal. I'm going racing fellas. Granted it's with an older rc10gt, but I'm at least able to get started.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to rebuild the little os, and I have to get a different head for it too.

so what else should I buy for this truck? Charger and batteries? for sure a better starter box soon. Sealed rec. box and battery box. Blue chassis and parts. Lead me a direction guys. I'll get some pics of it up very soon.

Brandon

Sounds like you got a great deal. Why do you think you will have to rebuild the engine? If the compression is still strong I wouldn't think you would have to rebuild. I would tear apart the engine and give it a good cleaning and inspect all of the parts for wear. Have fun and get the pics up when you can. :)

how do I tell if the compression is still decent? What should it feel like when I turn the motor over?

Any suggestions on things to buy for the truck?

Brandon

Turn the flywheel over with your hand, It should be VERY tight. If it is easy to turn over, then you have compression loss.
Make sure the glow plug is in when you try this. If you can turn the engine over easily then it would be time for a rebuild.

I am not sure what to buy for a ST. I have never seen any in action. Maybe a nice radio setup. A Hi-Tec 645MG steering servo. I'm sure others will chime in.

I've got a decent radio for the time. jr xr3. I'll make due with this until I come up with the doe to buy a snythed m8 or somthing similar.

I need to know some hop ups though. Just cause I want to tinker.

I'll probably go through the entire break in process again, just to be safe since I can't really remember if I ever broke it in all the way.

Brandon