LucasArts has been sold to Disney, Star Wars 7 coming out in 2015...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm not a big Star Wars nut but I am rather surprised to see LucasArts being sold and sold to Disney. Plus Star Wars 7 is scheduled to come out in 2015.

The Force is strong with this merger. Disney announced on Tuesday that he had purchased Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cast and stock shares. In conjunction with the news, Disney also revealed that plans for a seventh "Star Wars" film, "Star Wars: Episode VII," are in motion with eyes on theatrical release in 2015.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime," Lucas, who directed four of the six "Star Wars" films, said in a statement. "I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, 'Star Wars' will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

What are your guys thoughts about this?

It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers.

$4 billion does make it easy to give up...lol I was never a big star wars fan... I saw the original when i was a kid but I still to this day havent seen any others.

Dec 21/12. The end is near. Disney plans total domination. The invasion has started with mind control through the children’s films. All the teens have drained all the funds to raise a rebellion army by buying all the cloned music from Selena Gomaze and Britney Spears. We can't wait till 2015 for our Jedi Knight. Who will stand up and lead our forces to victory.

Dont like Star Wars at all, but I too find it odd. Although seems like disney is really stepping into the bigger more graphic style movie scene as of late so maybe its perfect its perfect timing.

When Disney buys Exxon/Mobile, I'll be moving to a bunker in Colorado. :D
I think they're in search of world domination.

Right now when I opened this thread to see Ralphs comment, the ad at the top was for Disney World lol, coincidence? I think not.

I am a huge SW fan and have always felt Lucas missed the boat by not completing his original 9 film story arc. Hopefully Disney doesn't epic fail on this.

Lucas has supplied his plans for the last 3 movies to his successor at Lucasfilm and will be consulting on those films.

Disney also got the rights to Indiana Jones as well in the deal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

John Carter

Nuff said regarding Disney.

Back