LST spur gear problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shafferboy207

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I was driving my truck, and all was fine and dandy. Stop to take a short break and refuel, and now it won’t go forward or backwards. it’s like the spur gears are just free spinning. I’m not for sure what the problem is. Rolls fine fly wheel clutches are great transmission feels fine and solid. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 146
any chance it might have jumped out of gear between lo/Hi? or between forward/Reverse?

any chance it might have jumped out of gear between lo/Hi? or between forward/Reverse?
I can get it to lock in the reverse and forward but I can’t get the spur gears to turn the transmission shaft. I can twist the shaft by hand and get it to turn that way. the one-way bearing on the outer spur gear locks tight on the transmission shaft when spinning clockwise, And freely counter clockwise.

I can get it to lock in the reverse and forward but I can’t get the spur gears to turn the transmission shaft. I can twist the shaft by hand and get it to turn that way. the one-way bearing on the outer spur gear locks tight on the transmission shaft when spinning clockwise, And freely counter clockwise.
I can get it to lock in high or low

if you spin the center driveshafts, does it spin the spur gear/transmission shaft?

Are the spur gear supposed to turn freely counter clockwise on the transmission shaft without turning the transmission shaft?

the spur gears are mounted to what is called a "one way hub" so it is supposed to turn one way freely, and the other it will catch and spin the shaft.

I’m still at a loss, I’ve taken everything apart and cleaned it put it back together still nothing

so on mine, spinning the spurs clockwise moves the truck forward, counterclockwise free-spins.
and you are sure when revving it up that it is spinning the spurs? there is a chance the little pin that holds the bevel gear on the main shaft can break sometimes. have heard of/seen it very occasionally. it might bind just a little bit when under small load, but as soon as you put power behind it, it might be enough to cause it to just slip around the shaft.

Back