LST Shocks on a stock savage (afew pics 56k warn)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kudos

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all

new to the forum and all and wanted to share some of my work with you all.
got some LST shocks off ebay and looked at a few ways some people had dont it but i didt fancy going ally arms etc wanted to keep the plastic for some nice stress release so of to work i went and this is how i mounted my shocks with no exstended TVPs, ally shock towers, no off set wheels etc.... and no holes drilled

here are some pics of what i came up with.

First i made some mounting brackets to carry the shocks out, and away from the wheels
mounts.jpg

large view
here i just used the top and bottom screw holes on the plastic arms to hold the arm bracket in place

While i was at it, i decided to make my self some better shock stand offs didt take long made them out of stainles as i dont like idea of ally rubbing on ally realy, also for somethink abit different :wink:
shk-standoffs.jpg

here is the front mounted up
fitted2.jpg

shot of how well they clear
pic%20of%20clear.jpg

can't see it clearly in the pic but there is a nice bit of space there

The back was abit harder to try clear the exhaust header so i swoped my turn buckels to the other side and put my shocks on the back, made a little brackit up so i could use the two holes in top of the gearbox and this mounted the turnbuckels perfect
str-brk2.jpg

here is the hole truck mounted up
fitted1.jpg

large view here

well, there we have it LST shocks on astock savage. these shocks make the truck handel alot better i feel bashing with them is also a lot more fun

i hope you all injoyed the read etc any questions ask away and i will be happy to try and answer them.

if any one is intrested in a set of brackets you can get in tutch with me over PM, i can nock few sets up for you hope thats ok with the forum rules and the mods :)

thanks
Robert :cheers:

Last edited:
Those look like factory made parts. You do great work. :thumbup:

that suspension makes the savage look even more like a beast good work on those parts

hi guys

glad u like them, it is rather nice having CNC mills and lathes to use so i guess you are right in away about factory made :)

I've got some of kudos's LST mounts coming my way!!!!!!!!......welcome to the board kudos...glad to have ya.

they do look great..i can't wait to mount my LST shocks on my savy....whoowhooooo

Last edited:
Kudos,
Could ya shoot me an email @ : [email protected]
I would like to get some info on the brackets and the rear diff bracket. I came up with a way to mount my LST shocks, but I like your version better.

just sent you an e-mail Sgt Blamo should get it soon

thanks
kudos

Kudos, those brackets are awesome, I interrested in gettin some, I sent you a PM so I can get some info.

Yea bud that is some real nice work.. The ones I made work great but you can't use standard off set rims.. I heard you can with your set up..?

all PM's answered now,

yea you are right skip you can use non offset rims with my brackets which saves on some cost if you dont want to splash out on some new rims but want to put the LST shocks on the sav

i now have afew sets made up and ready to ship out as so many requests now so for thoes that have asked as soon as payment is recived they can be shipped right away

thanks for the great feedback guys :cheers:

Can you make a set for nova towers?
By the way anyone doing this check out integys msr6s for the lst.

PiErow said:
Can you make a set for nova towers?
By the way anyone doing this check out integys msr6s for the lst.

Hi there someone brough a set of mounts from me and he had the nova towers and heres a pic of his mounted up
lst%20brace-nova.jpg

i do not own the nova towers so i can not fully test them but i can see how hes getting on if you would like some more feedback on using nova towers!

but if you had the nova towers i think u should be abe 2 mount the shocks to them with out the need for the top bracket. would be intresting to know

I am very impressed Mr Kudos.. I like your stuff..

What material and what thickness we talking here..?

hay skip

the brackets are made from 3mm thick 6061 aluminium

i have put the shocks through there paces and have not broke any parts yet but we see if i can change that this weekend things are holding up great

maybe afew people who have orderd a kit from me when they get it all fitted up will post what they think to.

bringing this back from the dead, as i would like to buy a set of these adapters from kudos ...wondering if anyone has his email, or maybe this thread will come up on his email
and he will respond

:)

thanks a lot nitro freak!! ....thats what i was looking for, your alright no matter what the others say :)

I've never had any problems with mine. Still going strong.

retarded pilot said:
thanks a lot nitro freak!! ....thats what i was looking for, your alright no matter what the others say :)

lol np... hold up what do others say? LOL owell who cares.. glad to help :cheers: