LSN wet?

• Thread starter IdriveSlideways
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdriveSlideways

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I noticed today as I was tuning the LSN that it was a little wet. Is this normal? It wasn't dripping or leaking, it just had a noticeable amount of fuel around it and some on throttle slide. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

1in5uf.jpg

The tiny o rings just simply need to be replaced...might as well buy new needle with the o ring seal kit..

The tiny o rings just simply need to be replaced...might as well buy new needle with the o ring seal kit..
Wow really? It's a brand new engine/car. It's only had 3 and half quarts run through it. I'm thinking maybe I should just pull it out and inspect it and the carb for o ring shavings. It runs perfectly fine. Especially now that I've gotten it all dialed in. I broke it in by the book and everything.

You might want to try some Green Slime on the O-Rings, it's designed to prevent seepage and allowing movement of a part such as a shock shaft or a needle on a carb.

You might want to try some Green Slime on the O-Rings, it's designed to prevent seepage and allowing movement of a part such as a shock shaft or a needle on a carb.
Ok cool. I'm assuming I can find this at an auto parts store?

The o'ring will have to be purchased from your lhs or online rc parts store...replace the o'ring when using the green slime

As long as no air goes in causing tuning issues I wouldnt worry about it.

Just cheap insurance since it will already be apart to pack it..

It runs perfectly fine. I haven't had to mess with the LSN or the HSN at all for a few days now.

From the videos, it doesn't look like you've got any tuning issues or anything... If you hit the throttle, do you see the fuel getting sucked in or blown out at all? If not and you soak up the fuel that's collected there with a paper towel, so it's dry, how long does it take to come back?

Use some form of high temp silicone around the o rings to avoid leakage.