Lrp zr .30x

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiLST

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Have you guys heard about the new LRP ZR .30 X engine that is soon to be released? It's I guess it's suppose to replace the Z .28 Spec3 completely and and force the truggy drivers that use that engine to use their .21 version and this is more set towards bashing? I don't see why they are going to discontinue the .28 but supposedly they are. Lame. Hopefully it's still in the price rage most bashers (like me) can afford.

"The new ZR.30 X Competition is the consequent development of the extremely successful Z.28 R Spec.3 Truggy."

"All experience with its predecessor have been completely incorporated in the development of this engine. The result: an uncompromising competition engine, specially tuned for the demands of a .30 engine! The massive ZR.30 X Competition XTEC T6 crankcase provides the engine with a high structural rigidity, with extra thick ribs, especially between the front and rear ball bearings. Also the carburetor is completely revised. The LRP XTEC PowerCarb 3 carburetor is flow optimised resulting in maximum performance and easiest tuning. Extra large surfaces and the special foot made of synthetic material with an aluminium core optimises the temperature management. This leads to a perfect cooling, an optimum heat isolation from the crankcase and a more constant running temperature. "

Big block nitro competition engine, specially for Truggy racing.
Ports timed specially for competition use
Massive all new XTEC T6 crankcase
Completely new and flow optimised LRP XTEC thermal protected PowerCarb 2 15SV-2 carburetor.
New CoolDown cylinder-head with extra thin ribs and additional holes for lower weight and uniform heat dissipation.
Extra-strong conrod specially designed for .30 sized engines
Extreme torque and high RPM
Flow optimised metal backplate
Blue anodised 7.5, 8.5 and 9.0mm venturi inserts
Standard burn room for easiest tuning
7+1 ports

Cubic capacity .30 (4.92ccm)
Power 4.21HP
Max. RPM 38.300
Style Truggies / Stadium Trucks

new_prv_prd_390x390_32815.gif

Oh man....hell yeah. I can almost hear the diffs on my Jammin shelling already!!!!

Why make a bump start .30? Most truggy owners race? That engine would not be useful at all to a racer.
I'll take a quality .21 race mill over anything else anyways.

Heard about it a month or two ago... it's available in Europe... just hasn't made it's way here yet. I'll have a hard time not buying another LRP28 next spring if the 30 is here... it will be tough due to how well my 28 has treated me to not just buy another 28. It has all the power I need. More torque just causes more wear/damage.

My aftershock already goes faster than I can drive!

Anyone have a clue on what the price is gonna be?

Heard about it a month or two ago... it's available in Europe... just hasn't made it's way here yet. I'll have a hard time not buying another LRP28 next spring if the 30 is here... it will be tough due to how well my 28 has treated me to not just buy another 28. It has all the power I need. More torque just causes more wear/damage.

My aftershock already goes faster than I can drive!
Not too mention how terrible the runtime is already on the .28!
Don't get me wrong, I love the LRP. Great basher engine but not enough runtime for racing in a Truggy.

Yeah, I can't imagine how short the time will be with the .30. I bet I don't get much more than 8-9 minutes with my high cap tank on my aftershock now! With the 30, it would knock it down to 6-7, which was like my jato with the 18TM in it...

Back