Lrp .32

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOFAST

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Okay I'm kinda new to nitro I'm bout to buy LRP .32 an i gotta buy a flywheel clutch shoes springs washers clutch bell an all the other stuff does anyone know if you can buy all that in a set or do you have to order it all sepret? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Most everything you just listed there except the LRP .32 is going to specific to the RC its going on and may be able to buy some of those parts as a combo. Refer to your users manual for specific part numbers. Or you can look around for hop up parts but again it will be specific to your RC. The engine you will have to buy separately.

What type of RC is this going on? I'm just curious because sometimes bigger CC isnt always better than higher RPM but it just depends on what it going on and what you'll be doing with it. For example if you want to say race a buggy you want higher RPM over bigger CC. Just a thought.

It's a savage x I got it used so when i get the engine it will have a manual with part numbers for flywheels an clutches? I've never bought a new motor I wish it came complete.

Almost any 1/8 big block three shoe clutch setup will work. The flywheel, clutch shoe & spring, and clutch bell i would just get HPI. You need to know ho many teeth you spur gear is and is it plastic or metal. There are better clutch setups out there but for the price its a good buy and go with the vented clutch bell it will save you spur gears. Like Greywolf said displacement is not always where its at.

I just put a 47 t metal spur gear. Would a 20 t clutch bell be to big?

---------- Post added at 6:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:47 PM ----------

And the 20t would that give more top end or acceleration?

I just put a 47 t metal spur gear. Would a 20 t clutch bell be to big?

---------- Post added at 6:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:47 PM ----------

And the 20t would that give more top end or acceleration?

The stock spur gear on the savage x rtr is 47 with 17 tooth clutch bell.

savagegears.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:58 PM ----------

geaingandspeedmh5.gif

17/47 is a nice combo with standard sized wheels, great launch and a nice top speed as well.

Robin that is what I use typically. With the engine and pipe combo from you I was able to to 18 pretty easy and 19 with smaller tires. I put on 40 Series bowties and I went to a 20 bell...thing was huge. But that just makes up for the reduced gearing from the smaller tires

My savage has the stock wheels an tires I got the 47t spur with the lrp .32 would is still pull wheelies easy with a 20 t bell?

Last edited:
I would not recommend doing it. That was with a highly modded engine and pipe and smaller than stock tires. I would not go up higher than maybe an 18 honestly.

thanks ill go with a 18t then. Tater x so your saying if I get hpi flywheel,nut,bell gear,washers it will work on the lrp .32?
Sorry if these are dumb questions I just don't wanna waste money on the wrong parts.

thanks ill go with a 18t then. Tater x so your saying if I get hpi flywheel,nut,bell gear,washers it will work on the lrp .32?
Sorry if these are dumb questions I just don't wanna waste money on the wrong parts.

Ya buddy it will go right on there. Asking questions is better than not knowing. It will be money well spent and you'll be spending more shortly that's the nature of the beast.