Low voltage cut off question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DB_86

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This may sound stupid, but I am running two 2s lipo packs to equal 4s total. Should I set my ESC setting to 4s and also what should I set the low voltage to?

If you're running them in series (to equal a 4s pack) then you should set the LVC for 4s.

LVC is generally set by volts per cell, not how many cells you are running. As stated above, 3.3v is a good safe setting and should help the packs last a long time.

Correct, but the ESC doesn't monitor individual cell voltage, so needs to know how many cells, whether by manual setting or auto detect.

Correct, but the ESC doesn't monitor individual cell voltage, so needs to know how many cells, whether by manual setting or auto detect.

My point was, there is no setting to tell any ESC I've ever owned how many cells you are running. That would get old quickly if you had to change settings every time you wanted to go from say a 2s to a 3s pack.

My point was, there is no setting to tell any ESC I've ever owned how many cells you are running. That would get old quickly if you had to change settings every time you wanted to go from say a 2s to a 3s pack.

I've never seen one that didn't have auto detect, but I did have an Associated XP model in which that function didn't work right, and cell count had to be manually set.

All of the ESCs I've ever played with have had the ability to manually set both cell count and LVCO

The CC ESCs have the option for both cell count and voltage for the LVC. The Traxxas stuff has an auto-detect for the number of cells as does the Dynamite ESC that i have. It generally depends on the manufacturer what kind of granular control you have over various settings.

That's what I do for the same reasons.

Mine appears to have auto detect but it says they highly recommend double checking the setting or actually doing it manually. Thanks for all the input, it really helped me out.

Mine appears to have auto detect but it says they highly recommend double checking the setting or actually doing it manually.

Most of them will audibly beep the cell count right after switching on.

Back