low volt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgt4.6

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
when i put my batt on the charger it come up as low volt when i put the balancer it say low volt if i charge the batt and dont put the balancer it well charge can somebody help me:)

apparently its a lipo. low volt means you discharged it too low and its basically no good

How low is it? If it will charge with out the balancer I would put it on a very low charge and see if it will come up a bit to actually balance and charge. Depending on HOW low it got it may or may not be ruined.

If the cells are below 3V then the charger with come up with the low voltage alarm. If it will still change without the balance lead than you can try the suggestion above. If that it would charge at all it is possible to charge the pack in NiMH mode until it reaches 3V per cell than utilize the lipo mode. Be careful! The lipo may puff (stop charging immediately!) and if it does this it’s basically garbage.

poof, done that plenty of times, time for a new pack..

Low voltage does not mean the pack is done as long as it's not too low. It simply means that the voltage is too low for most "smart" chargers to be willing to charge it.

I keep an old MRC SuperBrain 969 around for this. Back when I raced, this would happen to me all the time. Since the 969 does not check voltage, I would throw the pack on there to get the voltage up and then use my "smart" charger to finish the job.

i didnt know how new he was to suggest those things..the other way to trick the charger to get the voltage up to where you can charge it is charge it as a cell lower than what it is..that way it tricks the charger into thinking the voltage is actually ok

ummm i have a quick question 4s batt wta does the voltige go to

Fully charged (4.2V per cell) it should be 16.8V. The minimum voltage should be 12V (3V per cell).

Back