losing control!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingclinton

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi All,

I have a savage 3.5. It has been running fine and I just replaced all the batteries about 2 weeks ago.(not rechargeable). The throttle servo gears packed in and I replaced the servo. Since owning the car second hand the steering has left a lot to be desired. Now when I turn the power on both servo's make a noise like they are not in neutral and sometimes if I operate the steering the throttle works too!
At standstill the servos seem to be 'jittery'. So big question. Is it the servos or the radio?

Please help guys!

Sometimes it's caused by having the radio antenna too close to the car when you're checking things out. Being 2 weeks in the car or Tx doesn't mean they're still good. That depends on how much use they've had.
Change the batts and see if you still have the same problem.

Just a little feedback. I bought the car with batteries from the RC shop in it. I also replaced them with new one's from the rc shop again. I now bought proper high power batteries and what a difference it makes! the steering is sharp as hell! What a pleasure. Burnt out a glow plug though, so back to the hobby shop next weekend. Had a fun day bashing about.

Cheers

Good to hear you got it running.
When you get the glow plug replaced, run it till you break something. That's the way the hobby works. :D

try and keep a some extra glow plugs so when one fails you do not have to wait to play.

Good to hear you got it running.
When you get the glow plug replaced, run it till you break something. That's the way the hobby works. :D

Already had to strip her down twice from breaking stuff! Or buckling the frame! So been there done that, also gets expensive replacing stuff. LOL

Back