losi spinstart backplate. whats your thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm currently cleaning up my truck and am looking for parts that need an upgrade. Onethat came up is a new spinstart backplate. I want to know your thoghts on the losi plate because i have used it before and came across a couple of problems. I also want to know what others may be using. I am currently running a LRP .28, the same as Olds.

I think it is the most reliable electric starter there is. The wand is something left to be rethought of. Its HUGE. They do have a combo Spinstart/Pullstart like the Team Associated one for the MGT.

I am considering it so I don't have to lug it around but it never fails to start my engine. Unless the battery is dead or I ran out of fuel.

the other thing is if you get the spin start plate for the engine and you have a cordless drill you don't need the spin start thingy. thats all that i use is my drill, with a 1/4in hex bit... i think its that size. anyway. I personal love it.

I'm not talking about the wand, or a truck mounted starter. I'm talking about the piece that mounts to the engine to replace the pull start. is there anything any of you have used besides the backplate that came with the truck? somthing like a tigerdrive? or any or any other brand?

I have and still have it. I was merely saying the advantages/disadvantages. The Losi Spinstart in my opinion is the best one

i agree with jon2 the losi spin start is the best i have never had a problem

I had problems with the one way slipping while using Losi's set-up. It was so bad that I yanked it and put in a pull start before getting rid of my first LST.

Sorry to hear it Rob. I had a couple LST's and they were great to the end when I sold them. I think of my Tmaxx with the EZ Start2 and my Savage with the Rotostarter; the Losi Spinstarter set up is a breath of fresh air.

I've had the same problem as robmob. exept my OWBs werent just slipping, they were cracking!

Back