Losi not getting fuel to the carburator

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Morning everybody. I just bought a used Aftershock with a M26 in it. The carburator will not get fuel unless I prime it by plugging the exhaust. The fuel tank is good and the fuel lines are new. I ordered parts to rebuild the carburator. Is there anything else I should consider?.

The carb is always the first thing to check.
Replace your fuel lines and also check for air leaks around the tank seal.

Thank you for your response sir. I replaced the fuel lines and the tank seems fine. If I prime it by plugging the exhaust it will start and then die once the carburetor runs out of fuel.

Thanks for your help. I will update when the parts arrive.

If this is your first time to ever run it you may be to lean on the lsn or hsn if the lsn or hsn is to lean it wont let fuel thru but when you prime it there is enough of an opening to let a little bit threw but not enough for the back pressure of the running motor to feed it. If all seals are good that would be my guess. Or possibly a clock in the carb fuel inlet if no clogs in line or anything

It was my first time but I sent the carb settings back to factory settings but I will check that. Thank you for your response. I'll keep everyone posted. I got my parts last night so I should have it running today.

Update on the Aftershock. Rebuilt the carburetor and she fired right up. Thanks for everybody's help.:)

Have fun, the LSTs are a blast. I just wish upgrades were easier to come by, look into getting an upgraded chassis brace being as the stock ones crack pretty easily.
2012-03-29200731.gif

I'd also contact New Era Models and ask about their roll bar, they're one of the best upgrades, if you can get one.