Losi LST Servo problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metallicats33

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My brother in-law just gave me his LST and the thing has been beat! I've gotten almost everything in good working condition but the servos are acting up. The only one that does anyhting is the reverse servo. The steering servos moved when the battery was first connected but then nothing... What steps should I take to get them working again? Could it be the transmitter? I've checked all wiring and everything looks good...

Start with making sure all the batteries are charged up first then go from there.

batteries are charged fully, I even tried a 4 AA pack with fresh batts just to be sure. Only the reverse servo works (not well) And the steering servos did work at first but there was no response when I tried to turn with the remote, they just went all the way to the right and stayed there. Now only the reverse works when turned on and it does respond to remote input so I don't think my controller is busted.

I guess I should have noted the Tuck has sat for over a year in unknown conditions...

well I took the servos out and hooked them up to the reciever in my buggy... and again only the reverse servo worked (not well). So I guess I need new servos.

Any one know any cheep servos that will work in a LST? I don't need anything great, just something that will work...

The JR z590m's seem to work pretty good in my lst2's and they are only $40 each. but if I had to buy today I would go with the 650's at 49.99/each because they have 142 oz of torque each compared to 85 each in the 590's.

My .000002 cents

yeah that's whats in it, 590's for steering & 270 for throttle/reverse... I think I'll check ebay for a lower price... I don't want to go all out on this, I like monster trucks but buggies have priority :) I looked up the specs and all I need is 85oz tq or better for steering and 45oz tq for throttle reverse. Hitec has some that are only 12.99 a piece metal gear and 100 oz tq. Sound good?

yeah that's whats in it, 590's for steering & 270 for throttle/reverse... I think I'll check ebay for a lower price... I don't want to go all out on this, I like monster trucks but buggies have priority :) I looked up the specs and all I need is 85oz tq or better for steering and 45oz tq for throttle reverse. Hitec has some that are only 12.99 a piece metal gear and 100 oz tq. Sound good?

The stock 590's barely have enough torque to move the wheels when standing still so I wouldn't think that you want to go any less than that but thats just my thoughts....plus you will have to get the servo horns that will fit the Hitec.

Okay I took the servos out and took them apart... These things are fried!!! The circuit board in one is completely toasted and the other two show small burn marks.

What Could cause the Servos to fry???

And I did look into the other servos And your right the Hitec one would probably strip out after a few jumps... I Got Two Z270's on order for throttle/reverse, $18.99 for both. What are my other options for steering servos? I really don't want to pay $50 each.... anyone got some used Z590's???

well I ended up getting the servos I listed above... they were too tall for the steering:( I ended up using them for throttle/brake & reverse. I got a set of stock JR's for the steering. Good thing too, the reverse servo already fried!!! I guess they are to good to be true...

Back