Losi LST Mega Baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxfreek

Hardcore RCTalk User
Firefighter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I need some input from you die hard LST owners, i picked up a mega baja second handed with very little run time, i ran a tank of fuel thru it and it started hanging in 2nd gear, upon inspection looks like I'm missing one of the 2 bronze bushings in the 2 speed cam, should i just replace it or do the upgrade to the LST2 gears? I havent been able to find just the bushings, only the cam and bushings together.

Well I'm still having problems with this truck, only thing i havent replaced is the clutch shoes but they look brand new, anyone had the issue of hanging in 2nd gear and, i ran it today after a new slipper setup and it stillisnt shifting or launching correctly, i have a few more greay hairs thanks to this truck, its driving me nucking futs, I'm at the point of buying a whole new trans with the slipper and spurs on it. :p

I've not had that problem and I've not had a baja but Id say if the LST2 slipper and spurs fit it Id probably go that route. BTW, have you tried adjusting the shifting point? maybe its outta wack and thats why it wont downshift?

It will downshift, just not like it should, i havent figured out the pattern, it slips in low gear and does ok in 2nd, just wierd, ill check and see if i can do a conversion to the lst2 slipper setup, also gonna throw in a set of clutch shoes and that way everything is replaced.

I've only had experience with LSt2 and XXL. Without ever having seen a baja its kinda hard for me to guess.

basically the same truck as a aftershock, and i think the lst2 only has minor differences

If it were me the first thing Id probably do it replace the whole slipper and spur assembly. After that Id check the clutch, and if it still not acting right Id check the transmission

it has all that new on it already, i did find the problem the adjustment of the 2nd gear clutch was WAY off, it was turned out so far that the shoes couldnt collapse far enough to disengage 2nd gear, adjusted them and put in a new(used) set of clutches, got some Brand new clutches on the way, and a new clutch bell.

Back