losi claw tires any good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rreevvoo

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a redcat super crawler the 1.8th scale and I've been lookinf for some tires i found the losi claw. I think they are really for the losi monster truck but i was wondering if anybody knew if they would be any good for crawling. I can't find any good tire for the 1/8th scale so I'm kinda limited. I'm also not even sure if they will fit but i can prolly make them work if anyone knows if tey are any good. thanks

I would go with some sedonas or pitbulls, a really tall 2.2 would benefit a 1/8 imo

I'm not positve but you prolly have 23mm hex's...or 17mm? You need to try and get some 40 series wheels and tires. Some proline badland mt's would work pretty good.

I have had good performance out of the Losi Comp Claws very sticky. I am curious about the HPI Rock Grabbers. I will probably put them on my next build. I have seen good results by others on the Sedona's. I am under the impression that the Rock Grabbers may be a little more meaty on the side walls.

You need to go with a larger tire on the Super or 1/8th scale rig, 2.2 tires are to small, the only way a 2.2 tire works well is if you make it bigger by cutting them apart and adding to it and gluing it all back together to make it a super size tire, I have seen it done, and they work well, but it is a lot of work, it will take about 3 pairs of tires to make 2 super pairs.

Back