Losi 8ight-T kit and extras

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zdragon71

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I've done the math and i figure with parts bought from amainhobbies I'm looking at a total of around $1320 for my 8T build. When i actually get started I'm sure i will be going to ebay for alot of the smaller stuff like the reciever and servos. Here is my plan so far. Losi 8t kit of course also savox sc-1256tg servos, novarossi ERFA 2096 tuned pipe and header, novarossi plus 28-7T 7 port .28 engine with the Buku composite 3shoe set up. With all said and done i think i will actually have a sweet race rig! All and any suggestions and opinions welcome at this point considering its gonna be a few more months or better before i can afford to even start. Would really like input on susspension and drive train set up other than what the kit comes with also. The kit is the 8ight-T 2.0 truggy kit from losi. :D

Well i guess all my choices are good ones seeing there are no responses on the post. Like i stated any and all recommendations or advice will be appreciated. This is going to be my first kit build and it will be my race rig. Just want to build it best i can from start.

Excellent choices all around. The 8ight-T is a good reliable platform and really doesn’t need much in the way of upgrades out of the box.

The only choice engine wise would be do you want the roto start or starter box version of the Nova .28? If you choose the bump start version you will need a very good starter box setup, those engines have massive pinch/compression and the older boxes will often struggle to turn them over so keep that in mind.
Either way, the Nova can whip the truggy around like a rag doll.:)

Well i will be using a bump box because the losi 8 rtr I'm getting will come with one along with the spectrum DX3S that i want. Hints the only reason I'm buying it RTR. And the only thing i was really concerned about as upgrades on the T would be suspension. But i do believe the kit comes with all the best parts for racing. I got hooked on the nova .28 after reading all the specs after i seen thats what you went with for the mph challenge. Thanks again for your input Snook and also the grand opening for the hs will be the 21st of next month if you want to come check us out. So far as the track goes. We have had 3 loads of red ga dirt hauled in and 2 more coming this week. Its been spread out but no starting of the design yet. I ran on the surface playing around sunday and spoke with joe about maybe us designing it if the guy from losi dosent show up soon. I will keep you updated the closer we get. Maybe if you come down for the opening you and i can kinda come up with a layout and pass it by joe ourselves. Keep it in mind.

Sounds like its gonna be an awesome build! Make sure you post a lot of pictures, lol.

I will. I'm just waiting on funds for it to get started. Looking for around october or november. Hopefully!

Back