Losi 8ight-e RTR or Roller and LiPO Issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AClegg

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I just purchased a Losi 8ight-e 2.0. How can I find out if it is an RTR version or a Roller version?

Also, after driving it, I unplugged the battery and the battery expanded so much it split the batteries hard plastic case. What would cause this? I can squeeze the battery case back together, with moderate pressure. The battery was not dead and had plenty of charge left before I unplugged it. I turned the vehicle off before I unplugged it. So, I'm also guessing the battery is now toasted?

lipo puff is caused by a few things. to many amps being drawn. (ill save the rest.
No real way unless it has completely different electronics. From servo to esc and motor. it still could be a rtr just has mods.

You know.... I am have tempted to plug it into the charger just to see what will happen. I just need to had a few more feet to my charging cables. I've seen them go up in flames, but I have never seen one explode. have you guys every heard of a LiPO exploding?

You know.... I am have tempted to plug it into the charger just to see what will happen. I just need to had a few more feet to my charging cables. I've seen them go up in flames, but I have never seen one explode. have you guys every heard of a LiPO exploding?

Lol....quite a few months back ,I had some 3's that did that ,they were peaking out of the case at me an it was getting scary!...

So I did ask on the forum here ,I think that someone told me to get rid of it!...?

- It's like the red button that someone tells you not to push.
- It's like being told not to stare at the mole on someone's face.
- it's like being told not to smell the stink bait.

I'm a really curious on what would happen.

TNTPoof,
You have the screen name that is screaming to experiment on what it would take to make a LiPO explode.

As mentioned before in another thread, I have a .220 swift waiting for that problem...

Back