Losi 5t 2.0 VS Rovan 1/5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetickduke

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Going to pickup my losi Tomorrow from the hobby shop and I came across the rovan website and almost spit my drink out ? they are 7-800$ CHEAPER than losi and have a bigger motor and tuned pipe as factory!

Obviously there's a difference but is it a 700$ difference?

??

Going to pickup my losi Tomorrow from the hobby shop and I came across the rovan website and almost spit my drink out ? they are 7-800$ CHEAPER than losi and have a bigger motor and tuned pipe as factory!

Obviously there's a difference but is it a 700$ difference?

??

That is a poor man's budget ,an man's problems!

If your wallet will allow you to get the Losi ,then your better off!.... :cool:

Money isn't really an issue. Just if quality was super close than it'd be silly to spend the extra money ya know?

I have tattoos and really big stretched ear lobes, I've gotten weird looks for the last 15 years ??

Oh snap.

I've done alot of reading and everyone says go losi if you can afford it so I feel pretty good about it

I forgot about that in all of today's excitement ??

They way I look at it is this, do you want the original model that actually lists what engine it has in it, (Zenoah) and the company (not just your LHS support) but the manufacturers support. Better (from what I've heard), parts made from better plastic to an higher strength plastic and aluminum?? (Losi)
Or do you want to save money and buy the cheap knock off?? (Rovan/King Motor). Then where's the money that you thought you were saving because after buying the knock off, you need a need a new motor, servo or whatever else could go wrong...

I don't own a 1/5 scale but, I've been wanting one for a while now (fixing my 1/8 scale trucks), I would get the Losi...

Hope this helps...
Enjoy the 5T

They way I look at it is this, do you want the original model that actually lists what engine it has in it, (Zenoah) and the company (not just your LHS support) but the manufacturers support. Better (from what I've heard), parts made from better plastic to an higher strength plastic and aluminum?? (Losi)
Or do you want to save money and buy the cheap knock off?? (Rovan/King Motor). Then where's the money that you thought you were saving because after buying the knock off, you need a need a new motor, servo or whatever else could go wrong...

I don't own a 1/5 scale but, I've been wanting one for a while now (fixing my 1/8 scale trucks), I would get the Losi...

Hope this helps...
Enjoy the 5T
Thanks man!

Didn't want you get stuck with a broken knock off. If you really curious, go to OBR racing or to bartalone racing website...all you will see is either losi upgrades or zenoah engine upgrades...as far as I know, those are the top 2 sources for aftermarket parts for 1/5 scale...

Back