Losi 3.5 carb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prauner

RC Newbie
Reaction score
anyone used this carb on a 3.3? Some swear by it. I'm still pretty new so learning to tune. Seem to be getting close but not sure if this is worth the upgrade.

From user reviews that I have read the Losi Carb hold a tune better than the stock one. Also offers more tuning capabilities which might prove more challenging to newbies. The Losi carb actually comes standard with the RB Mods 3.7 motor(highly modded TRX 3.3 motor)

So would you put it on a 3.3? What other tuning besides high low and idle?

Not sure about the Losi Carb but I also have a fuel mixture setting on my OS 11k carb. I put one on my 2.5 and it really woke up that engine. I couldn't use it on my 3.3 coz my 3.3 was shot and needs a rebuild.

The losi carb has a bigger throat than the traxxas carb. I tried it in my 3.3 in my revo. Made it through a tank or 2 of fuel then it started binding on me. It really did perk up the 3.3 before it started binding though. Might be easier on a t-maxx as the linkage on a revo is crap. I probably could have tried an alloy pivot vs the stock plastic to remove flex, but I was just trying it out to see if it would improve the 3.3's lack luster performance. It did improve performance a noticeable amount.

I ended up getting an OS21TM instead. Then I had to get RRP steel for the trans as I kept shelling gears out of the transmission. Then I got a set of dynamite max life alloy shoes for the clutch to get all the power to the ground.

So would you put it on a 3.3? What other tuning besides high low and idle?

When you change stuff like that you really have to tune to what the engine needs!

Monitor the heat from the engine ,an make sure it gives out some smoke out of the pipe!