Losi 22S 2WD SCT Brushed RTR - upgrade effort?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdecesari

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I picked up a couple of these recently and am wondering if it’s worth going down the path of upgrades.

There are enough rigs in the garage already, so I am willing to see what is possible with one of them. First thoughts are brushless & 3s. Going down the rabbit hole of wheels, shocks are also alright with me. However I am new to SCT and invite feedback.

No pics, but it’s none stock with the Kicker livery as it sits now. When I took it to the track it served as a nice trainer to get a feel for handling.

Without just getting g another SCT, is this a venture worth exploring?

:nopics: lol

Yea! SCTs are fun. Can be a handful at times but they are fun.

Highly recommend to upgrade to brushless. 2s lipo first. 3s lipo when your ready for it. Its losi so parts are always around. Not sure about aftermarket parts tho.

Not sure what parts are in the brushed one but I would beef up the drivetrain if it can't handle 2s/3s.

:nopics: lol

Yea! SCTs are fun. Can be a handful at times but they are fun.

Highly recommend to upgrade to brushless. 2s lipo first. 3s lipo when your ready for it. Its losi so parts are always around. Not sure about aftermarket parts tho.

Not sure what parts are in the brushed one but I would beef up the drivetrain if it can't handle 2s/3s.
Alright. Thanks.
Baby steps, then.
I’ll take it for what it’s worth and give it a go.
Out of the gate I picked up a Dumbo transmitter & receiver…not yet installed.
The plan is to feel the platform out and go from there. All fun. Thanks.

I picked up a couple of these recently and am wondering if it’s worth going down the path of upgrades.

There are enough rigs in the garage already, so I am willing to see what is possible with one of them. First thoughts are brushless & 3s. Going down the rabbit hole of wheels, shocks are also alright with me. However I am new to SCT and invite feedback.

No pics, but it’s none stock with the Kicker livery as it sits now. When I took it to the track it served as a nice trainer to get a feel for handling.

Without just getting g another SCT, is this a venture worth exploring?
It literally takes almost nothing to upgrade to 3S. Just the motor and ESC. There used to be a version that was 3S from Losi: https://www.losi.com/product/1-10-22s-kandn-2wd-sct-brushless-rtr-with-avc/LOS03013T2.html , but, they discontinued it. However, the brushed version has the exact same parts as the brushless version.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if changing the motor & esc would require other parts to be beefed up.
There really isnt anything that you can beef up on them. Diffs for both versions are full metal, and, from personal experience, even the brushed diff can take 4S power, as long as you arent too crazy with it, but, 3S brushless it can take all day long. I had both the brushed and brushless version, both set up for extreme 2S, and never did have issues with things like transmission and diff. The only issue i ever really had was that the front can't take hard impacts. I broke the front bulkhead 3 times in a week from big jumps.

Back