Losi 2 Speed Headache!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nor_Cal_Guy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I have an Aftershock that I have been fighting for about 3 weeks....Runs and starts fine, good engine temps around 220-240 with smooth acceleration etc. However about 3 weeks ago it took a few tumbles in a grassy field and since has not been shifting at all. I installed new clutch springs, thurst bearing set and a new glow plug.

I have tried adjusting the adjustment screws on the spur gears to 3 turns out, 5 turns out, 7 turns out...no shifts. I did find my slipper was adjusted a bit loose last runs but after tightening I had no shifts still. I didn't readjust them after tightening the clutch and just drove my electric around so the day wasn't a complete loss.

Tips PLEASE!!!!!

So I figured out today that the spur gears do not spin independently which would seem wrong to me so I ordered:

1 LOSB3421 LOSB3421 70T Spur Gear, Low Gear: AFT, MGB $4.97 $4.97
1 LOSB3423 LOSB3423 63T Spur Gear, High Gear: AFT, MGB $4.97 $4.97
1 LOSB3455 LOSB3455 2-Speed Slipper Thrust Bearing: LST, LST2, AFT, MGB $4.97 $4.97
1 LOSB3411 LOSB3411 2 Spd Hi Gear Hub w/ Bearing: LST, LST/2, AFT, MGB $15.95 $15.95
1 LOSB3404 LOSB3404 2 Speed Clutch Shoes & Hardware: LST, LST2, AFT, MGB $3.31 $3.31
1 LOSR1041 LOSR1041 Combo Pull/Spin-Start Backplate:26

Sounds like maybe the 2speed shoes got tweaked, try taking them out and check if the come apart without binding.

They do seem kinda stuck together so this may be the problem????

If you can't get them to come apart freely(as freely as the springs allow), you should get a new set. Might be a cheaper fix than the list you ordered.

I also have a losi aftershock its a year old hardly use it but mine when i do take it out there is somtimes it will chang then there it times it dont change i have my spure gears tight not hella max but its snugged up and it works and sometimes it dont. But I'm guessen these trucks just have this problem. Idk why. Sorry just leten you kno ur not the only one

How do you get the damn spur gears apart?