Looking for suggestions on first Revo upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctnitro

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all. I'm semi new to nitro I've had my revo for about 6 months now. Just wondering on what people's opinion on first upgrade parts what make the biggest differences to the truck. Also what websites does everyone like to use when looking for parts.

first thing i upgraded was the a arms....thats the first thing that broke...go with rpm if you replace the arms...i usually use tower to find the part i need then i usually buy from hopmeup on ebay...they have good prices and are the closest to me...

RPM Arms and Bumpers are great upgrades. I also recommend the FOC (Forward Only Conversion) Kit. This eliminates reverse which is a link that tends to break very easily.

I saw on another post someone talking about taping the tires not sure why. And is there a easy way to make sure that the tranny and engine mesh together correctly

do not upgrade til it breaks, once it did, and then go for RPM parts.

i am still runing my stock arms, and never had aproblem with them yet. upgraded my front bumper mount and front bumber to RPM.

and using savox 1258 TG high torque servo as steering(single steering servo). and added a fuel filter. thats all i did to my truck.

gl

do not upgrade til it breaks, once it did, and then go for RPM parts.

i am still runing my stock arms, and never had a problem with them yet. upgraded my front bumper mount and front bumper to RPM.

and using savox 1258 TG high torque servo as steering(single steering servo). and added a fuel filter. thats all i did to my truck.

gl

I have to agree with you. If it ain't broke don't fix it. When I got my original 5309 Revo, the only upgrades I did for it when I got were the fuel filter and upgraded the radio to a Spektrum, which I was already using. I eventually upgraded to RPM bumpers after breaking one and did the FOC after shredding the reverse and Titanium skids plate after scarring up the original ones.

i recommend the same. iv put in FOC into mine, new main bearing, new head, couple exhaust headers, rpm arms, put one of the steering servos in as the throttle servo and made up a cage for the rear as i kept doing damage to everything when i rolled/crashed it. my tires gave out from too much bashing so i have a set of response wheels/tires due to arrive tomorrow and ill be back to having heaps of fun :D

btw get rid of the stock glow plugs, i put a OS LC3 plug in and the temps are better and runs better. also get rid of the ez start system and put in pull start and get a glow igniter. works way better. mine starts first pull everytime now. love it. less stress on the on way bearing too.

Last edited:
I was thinking about going to pull start once the ez start gives me problems but I haven't had any. And I switched out the stock glow plug shortly after I finished break in.

One of the best upgrade you can do to a Revo is a Rear wing...

Don’t leave home without it.

Rear brake and center differential are good upgrades.
I recommend the RPM tru-track rear arms too.

Yes, I would agree with leaving it til its broken.
You can maybe purchase the parts taht we have replaced and have them at hand and ready.
I've had a few parts break on my Revo, but I never just replace taht one part.
My front bumper mount broke so I bought RPM front and rear bumper mounts and bumpers.
Again, my left rear Axle Carrier broke.....so I went ahead and bought the RPM True-
Track Conversion Kit and fron Arms and Axle Carriers.

On a side note, REVO-5309, where can I find the OS LC3 plug? Do you have a model #?

Back