Florida Looking for RC drag racing in south Florida

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outlaw tmaxx

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Can anyone help me out I'm looking for somewhere to drag race my maxx I've built it for drag racing but can't seem to find a track or event to run at me and a few buddy's ran in a parking lot for a while but thay lost interest cuz it was only 3 of us I live in west palm beach but have no problem driving to run if it's not to to far I'm down to bet money or run for fun if anyone can help me out with a Track or a hang out where guy get together to drag race I'd verry much aperciate it

There's a spot we go to in miami and we drag race very Sunday night. They start at about 10pm and go until whenever. Last weekend I left at 1am and they were still running. About 300 feet of drag and 200 to stop. It's all for fun but there's always plenty of people there if you want to take it up a notch from just fun. No classes. Just run what you brung. It's on the northwest corner of biscayne blvd and 79st. In the shopping center there.

Thank a lot for the info I found some guys this weekend that run rc funny cars and dragsters thay run every other sat thay set up a real tree spray vht down its pritty cool u get a time slip after every pass just like real drag racing but thanks again for the info behear . If there's anything I could help u out with just halla at me

Good deal. Sounds more organized than where I go. Where is it located? Might go take a peek.

Thay do it in boynton its like a 45min north of u I'll shoot u a msg on hear when I get the call from them . There goin up to Orlando for some races

interested in drag racind in s. fl

I live an hour from boynton, and have a couple yokomo gt4's that id love 2 drag. Or race at a track, but drag is cool. Is there nitro cars or just electric? Let me know. can't evn find a spot 2 open her up all the way.

I know this is an old thread but is there still any drag racing going on around Boynton Beach I'm building a new car now and am looking to find a place to race.
Thanks

Thay got ran out of where we was running by the cops but we still get together sometime just to race for fun

Thanks man... I'm just starting to build my car and am looking for places to be able to race once finished

Can anyone help me out I'm looking for somewhere to drag race my maxx I've built it for drag racing but can't seem to find a track or event to run at me and a few buddy's ran in a parking lot for a while but thay lost interest cuz it was only 3 of us I live in west palm beach but have no problem driving to run if it's not to to far I'm down to bet money or run for fun if anyone can help me out with a Track or a hang out where guy get together to drag race I'd verry much aperciate it
I hear there’s a place somewhere on okeechobee near turnpike I’m trying to find out where myself

If you are talking about JC's Okeechobee RC motorsports they just moved their store location, I believe they are now on 441 in Okeechobee.

It's always been my dream to fish for bass in Lake Okeechobee.

It's always been my dream to fish for bass in Lake Okeechobee.
There are some nice bass in there, but in central Florida we got the big girls in a lot of lakes. Okeechobee, Lake Placid, Istokpoga, the Kissimmee chain, the Harris chain. My son got a 10+ pounder on Placid, I even got a 10+ from a golf course canal. Got an 8 in Dinner lake, dozens in the 4-5 pound range, countless up to 4

Attachments

• 20170315_115557.jpg
    20170315_115557.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210223_085256.jpg
    20210223_085256.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 47
There are some nice bass in there, but in central Florida we got the big girls in a lot of lakes. Okeechobee, Lake Placid, Istokpoga, the Kissimmee chain, the Harris chain. My son got a 10+ pounder on Placid, I even got a 10+ from a golf course canal. Got an 8 in Dinner lake, dozens in the 4-5 pound range, countless up to 4
Dayum!

I was gonna say - a kayak in Florida, no thank you sir! Give me a PBR on the waters in Florida any day! Yeah, this would be me.
0e2cb45bd5421668c76e991906651b9e.jpg

I was gonna say - a kayak in Florida, no thank you sir! Give me a PBR on the waters in Florida any day! Yeah, this would be me.
View attachment 143963
Even then I would be afraid of a gator or shark jumping on deck.

@NCNitro
I used to shake and sweat going over the gator spots. Ones on the Turnpike where the snake wall rest stop is. The second is St john I think. Its above Seminole on I4, gators visable everytime I go over it.

As for drag racing..... . Orlando used to have street racing at Best Buys. I have an Ofna Ultra castle converted that was raced at those races. I scored it through work, the guy owed money for work, I was owed hours and got the 1/8 Aston.

Garlits museum of drag racing also has events.

https://www.rccaraction.com/rc-drag...tionals-don-garlits-museum-drag-racing-video/

Nope, this distance isn't high enough. You're gonna need a bigger boat before I come aboard 😜
20220317_203612.jpg

Back