Looking for parts for brushless conversion on a Traxxas Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
It seems as though a lot of the stuff that used to be available for doing this has long since been discontinued or is no longer available. I found a full kit on Ebay but other than it being almost $200, thats rather expensive and includes a lot of parts that I don't need. I already have a motor mount from Integy and I have a part that easily locks second gear in the transmission. That kit also has an ESC mount that puts the ESC over the rear shock absorbers but I'd rather not put it there if I can help it. There was a part from Tekno that used the top two screws of the transmission for the ESC but unfortunately its one of the parts I was talking about that's no longer available so I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to make one.

Anybody have any tips or anything? Thanks.

Well that guy I found on Ebay that has the whole kit, he agreed to sell me some of it so upon having to buy another receiver box, I was ale to get a receiver box mounting plate that bolts to the chassis in front of where the motor goes and I got a nice battery tray with straps that uses most of the right side where the fuel tank went and most of where the electronics box went so I got those parts taken care of.

As far as where I'm going to mount the ESC, I just went down to my local Tractor Supply and bought me a 36" piece of 3/4 x 3/4 x1/8 aluminum angle iron that I'll cut a 3" piece from and with longer screws, I'll mount that to the top two holes on my transmission and then just use some M3 countersunk screws with a couple of M3 lock nuts on the bottom to make my ESC mount be really close to the one Tekno used to make.

I found on Amazon some aluminum diff cases and some aluminum diff cups to replace the stock plastic ones. I already have a set of front and rear upgraded machined steel ring and pinion gears so hopefully my front and rear diffs will be strong enough to handle the 4S power.

Back