Looking for an electric equivalent or better than my old Jato 3.3 and XXXNT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenyon

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello everyone! I am looking at getting back into the RC world, but I want to switch to electric. I used to have a Jato 3.3 and a XXXNT that I really liked, but the engine maintenance eventually wore me down. I am looking for something similar in an electric 4x4. I have an old 3906 EMAXX that I got from a buddy I used to work with, and it has rekindled the old RC flame, but it is too slow. I miss the speed I used to get out of my Jato and XXXNT. I don't have any real experience with electrics, so I am hoping some of you fine folks can point me in the right direction. I will be running primarily on dirt and gravel with some intermediate grass. I will most likely build a track in the not too distant future, but that is a separate topic.

I am not attached to any particular name brand, but I was really impressed with the online support I got from TRAXXAS recently when I was trying to get thos old EMAXX moving. Any thoughts and tips are welcome. Thanks in advance!

take a look at the Arrma brand.. Arrma Granite 4x4 3s... heard some good info seen a few beat on at a skateboard park b4 the k19 crufe. took my Losi scte v3 out to tear stuff up along with my ofna gtpv2 E..for a few 100_mph passes in a truck complex that is now empty ..

take a look at the Arrma brand.. Arrma Granite 4x4 3s... heard some good info seen a few beat on at a skateboard park b4 the k19 crufe. took my Losi scte v3 out to tear stuff up along with my ofna gtpv2 E..for a few 100_mph passes in a truck complex that is now empty ..

Thank you. I will look into that.

Arrma typhon 6s and never look back?

Thanks for that. I am reading up on the Typhon and the Granite that TNTPOOF recommended. Arma seems to have a good reputation for their durability and it looks like the Typhon fits the bill in terms of the speed I am looking for. My only issue so far is that the Granite is a monster truck (which, I believe translates into big and slow) and the Typhon is a buggy (which I believe translates into hellishly fast, but only on relatively smooth terrain). I'm looking for something in between. Like a stadium truck or something similar to my old JATO and XXXNT. I have been trying to find the best Associated, Losi and Traxxas have to offer in the 4x4 truck line, but it's been a rocky road at best. I had never heard of Arma before, so I will add them to my search list in place of Associated. It seems like Team Associated has kind of dropped out of the RC truck world since I the last time I messed with RC stuff.

Ok a 3200kv on 3 cell is not going to be slow sure its a 1/10 scale but not slow. it will be faster than your jato ever was...now a 6 cell thats going to be a whole new level in your skill as a driver..70+ mph and a truck that weighs in close to 12 pounds(Danger will robinson danger) sorry had to do that..

Ok a 3200kv on 3 cell is not going to be slow sure its a 1/10 scale but not slow. it will be faster than your jato ever was...now a 6 cell thats going to be a whole new level in your skill as a driver..70+ mph and a truck that weighs in close to 12 pounds(Danger will robinson danger) sorry had to do that..

I stand corrected. I just watched a youtube video of a guy running his Arrma Granite 3s. That thing looks pretty bad ass! His overheated pretty quick, but he had just changed out his gears, so that is probably why. When I saw the words, "Monster truck" in the description, I was thinking something along the lines of an EMAXX.

Back