Looking at getting a T-Maxx. Couple of questions....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvickj

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
Well after reading a lot of your posts, seeing the pictures of your local bashes, and driving a buddies T-Maxx I have fallen I love. I have to admit seeing those pics of the T-Maxx just burried in mudd is so cool. What is really impressive is that they still run!

Which one would you suggest I get? My buddy has the old version but after read the information on the new 2.5 version I think that is the one I should purchase. Unless I find a person who is selling a used T-Maxx. But I think I am going to stay away from purchasing a used RC unless it is someone I trust like you folks. If I was to consider looking at a used T-Maxx what kinda questions should I ask? Who usually has the best deals on the T-Maxx?

-JR

Ok I would not recommend buying a used T-unless you can see it first and drive it. I bought a used one but from a friend at the track nad i saw it before paying for it. I also bought it without a mill.
I would recommend buying a new maxx. The new 2.5 engine is Super Fast I mean this thing throws down the stink. plus it already has the wide suspension. So where to find a good price? www.ultimatehobbies.com had the best price I have seen latley here is a list of online retailers to check though hope that helps X

Last edited:
Let me know what the best price is you get and I will see if my buddies at the Hobby Shop will beat it for you.

Keep me posted!

-Chris

Seeing that I have a new Maxx I am a little bias:D You won't be disappointed.:banana:

I recommend going with the new T-Maxx. It has a better engine, thicker chassis plate, wider suspension, and few other goodies that most people who have the old T-Maxx have spent money to improve.

My T is the one you saw in the mud; it is the "old" T-Maxx with a number of hop-ups. It has a Fantom .15 (more power than stock engine) in it. It uses StableMaxx rims (wider stance). Better suspension and a number of other improvements.

You will find that whatever Maxx you get you will still be spending money on improving it over time. The new T-Maxx is a great place to start.

I have one of each and I just got into this hobby this summer.

Three things I like better about the old Maxx:

1) I think it is a little easier to work on, especially for a newbie like me.

2) When you roll it the old one lands on its wheels most of the time and the new one doesn't. Theoretically you're not supposed to roll the new one as often due to the wider suspension, but with my driving, it would have to be like four feet wide.

3) The stock radio has a selectable 50/50 or 70/30 throttle/brake setting. I like the 70/30 but that setting cannot be used on the new maxx.

That's it. Everything else is better on the new 2.5. None of those reasons would be enough for me to pick the old over the new for even money, but the old one for say $250 would be a good deal IMO.

A friend of mine has driven both and he hopes to buy one if he gets a Christmas bonus, but he is definitely looking for the old one just due to the rollover factor.

The power difference is significant. That has a downside too. The old one you can just crack wide open and blast away. The new one you actually have to be kind of careful so you don't flip it or get into other serious crashes. But it is really cool - you want the extra power.

Oh, and the EZ Start on the new truck actually lives up to its name, unlike the old one.

Back