Looking at a t maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayzzfish

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I can get a t maxx 3.3 for a one hundred dollars Canadian. It has no radio. Oh it also nitro I guess I should add that. I just dont know if it worth to get. The reason I would like to get it is to convert it to electric. I just dont know if it would be worth it ?

I can get a t maxx 3.3 for a one hundred dollars Canadian. It has no radio. Oh it also nitro I guess I should add that. I just dont know if it worth to get. The reason I would like to get it is to convert it to electric. I just dont know if it would be worth it ?
That's up to you. Sorry but we know the 3.3 is nitro bud.. I have the maxx 2.5 3.3 and a converted 3.3.. I love them all... for 100$ why not I would just for that reason.. does the engine run? The 3.3 is what you need to make the conversion work. It wont work with the 2.5.. electric has to much tourqe for the 2.5 drive train.. to do the conversion correct. It will cost about a few hundred. So all in your looking 3-500$ depending on how you want to set it up?

I would get it and keep it nitro. There's no point in converting a TMaxx to electric when you can get an EMaxx, or even a Maxx cheaper than it would cost to do the conversion.

I would get it and keep it nitro. There's no point in converting a TMaxx to electric when you can get an EMaxx, or even a Maxx cheaper than it would cost to do the conversion.
Well Emaxx was discontinued. Probably get one off the "Bay". The maxx is the new Emaxx. And why not? If they don't like nitro or don't know enough about it. Alot of people have did that same conversion. If he's starting out with the 3.3. Its the same as the Revi 2.0. Wouldn't cost much 2-300$$. Depending on what motor esc he would go with. And the forward only gear...I have Tmaxx 2.5 and built the 3.3.. I had a ton of extra parts and chassis. So I built one. Threw the Revo 2.0 tranns in the extra 3.3 chassis. And threw in monster mamba X combo with the 2200kv. Got it running 18/54 gears. And it wheelies all day. Tons of tourqe and speed. It flys.. and love to have air under its tires all the time 👍👍🤣🤣.. It was a fun build Rpm arms true track rear. Vg racing shock springs. 40wt all around.. its a fun fast truck.👍👍👍

Yes from me..
Yes for me as well. I also have the 2.5 3.3 and converted/built 3.3/Emaxx.. and yes there are all a blast to drive.. going to start a break down and rebuild of the 2.5. After I'm done with the duratrax maximum mt I was given. 👍👍👍
How you feeling bud and the family? Hope you and everyone Re feeling better👍👍

Thanks for asking Stoner, the wife and I are doing much better. It's Covid. My mom is still in the hospital, my sister is staying home with it but doing ok, but unfortunately my brother-in-law has been on life support for a week now and is in and out. This chit really sucks.
I'm already on oxygen and honestly I thought I was going to be on the rough end but the wife and I both had our vaccine shots and I HIGHLY recommend them if anybody hasn't.
I couldn't smell nitro now if I stuffed it up my nose.. ;)

Thanks for asking Stoner, the wife and I are doing much better. It's Covid. My mom is still in the hospital, my sister is staying home with it but doing ok, but unfortunately my brother-in-law has been on life support for a week now and is in and out. This chit really sucks.
Dam man. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope that he pulls threw and gets better😔. And that your mom gets better and is allowed to go home as well..😔 That sh*t is no joke. I'm sorry you and the family have to go threw that. And that everyone gets to go home soon and gets better.. Good vibes and prayers are heading your way bud.....

The smoke has actually cleared up a little bit here. We've had a few days of a breeze so it cleared some.

Now, back to the OP and 3.3, GET IT, GET IT, GET IT. :p
Apologies @Rayzzfish , we didn't mean to hijack your thread.

The smoke has actually cleared up a little bit here. We've had a few days of a breeze so it cleared some.

Now, back to the OP and 3.3, GET IT, GET IT, GET IT. :p
Apologies @Rayzzfish , we didn't mean to hijack your thread.
100% I'm sorry didn't mean that...
I said yes to it yesterday. For the simple fact he said 100$.. I would just for that reason alone
Whats up man? Wondering did you pick up the 3.3... its a really good deal... I would have the second I saw it... for the simple fact it was being offered for a hundo... hope you picked it up bud 👍👍

I hope he does for $100 worth every nickel and a great project.

Yes I did get it. To answer some questions no I'm not new to nitro. That's all I own I have like three of them. I've ran nitro for about 15 years now. I would just like to get a electric one for a change. Traxxas is a good kind to take a poop kicking most of the time. They are also easy to get parts for. That's why I was thinking of making it electric.

Yes I did get it. To answer some questions no I'm not new to nitro. That's all I own I have like three of them. I've ran nitro for about 15 years now. I would just like to get a electric one for a change. Traxxas is a good kind to take a poop kicking most of the time. They are also easy to get parts for. That's why I was thinking of making it electric.
That's awesome bud.. I was wondering if you did or not. Glad you did. 👍👍 As for the conversion. I did the same thing. As I also have been running nitro since the 99 2000...And wanted something different.. change it up a little you know. Love my nitro but electric is cleaner and way faster/easier to set up and go... if you got any ?? About the conversion just ask. Will be happy to help you out. There's not much really info out there. As I looked for months for it.. But your 3/4s of the way there... awesome score man!!!!