Lookie Lookie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Found this little jewel for $80. 2.5 t maxx. It RUNS!!!!! It was listed on the auction site. I added it to my watch list and got notified Wednesday of a drop in price. It needs a few things but, all in all, it was too good to pass up.

Just finished placing a few orders for what it needs. I’m pretty pumped about it. Nice looking truck too.

The .15 project should be completed by Sunday if the parts come in. Lord willing I’ll have this thing completed by next weekend.

I love this stuff.

IMG_3589.jpeg

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3586.jpeg

Been using traxxas near 20 years. Never saw a receiver like that!

Congrats on your addiction.

Looks pretty clean, have fun with it...

Hey I have a full box of stuff from my T-Maxx 1.5. You need any parts?
PXL_20220128_220232826.jpg

I’d sure be interested in the starter, exhaust boots, and gears.

The .15 came with a OS motor. But, I also found a good used Traxxas .15. It’s got the ez start. I’m not sure the OS engine is even going to run well enough to put back in it. It doesn’t have any pinch. None. Not sure if it’s supposed to have as much as 3.3 but, it has zero. Sleeves and piston for it was double what I paid for the used .15 pro. So, it’s likely going to get the Traxxas motor.

The 2.5 got a fly sky receiver. I’m trying to figure out how to set that one up on the transmitter. I fired it up today and it sounds good. Got to get the spur gear on it tomorrow. Awaiting a chassis brace, hump pack and wiring harness, and a rear skid plate for it.

I’m excited to get them
Both running. To celebrate the occasion, I burnt several tanks through the 3.3 this evening before the rain chased me in. 😁

I am the original owner of this car. I used it maybe three times before I stored it for 20 years.
A year ago, I rebuilt the drive train and chassie and converted the car to electric. I have no idea what condition the motor is in but there is very little wear and tear on everything.

Back