Look what showed up on my doorstep!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Well, it all showed up today. The Hyperon 720i super duo, two 5000mah 2S Lipos with two lipo sacks, and a sentury fire safe that I hope is only ever going to be precautionary! Here are a few pics.

100_3827.jpg

100_3826.jpg

100_3825.jpg

500W x 2 Daaaaamn!

You're set for a loooong time there bro. That's badass for sure. I considered getting one of those but realized I'd probably never use it to it's potential. Very nice though!

She is hot! :drool: Where did you buy that charger?

I bought the charger on Amazon.

---------- Post added at 7:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:15 PM ----------

500W x 2 Daaaaamn!

You're set for a loooong time there bro. That's badass for sure. I considered getting one of those but realized I'd probably never use it to it's potential. Very nice though!

Hey Lessen....it is kinda funny how I ended up with this charger. I thought i was just buying the 720i. I clicked the one button buy now and didn't realize I was buying the super duo. Only after I read the email from the seller did I realize my mistake. Right in the email it said that the order could not be canceled. I can still return it for a regular 720i but I don't know yet. I don't know how hard it is going to be to use. I also only have an 18amp power supply so I am not even sure I can charge two batteries at once. I may have to buy a new power supply. I must admit.... I am scared shi**less about having Lipo's in my house. I don't always have the time to make sure my batteries are always kept they way they are supposed to be. The batteries came from promatch with a store charge on them. I don't intend to charge them right away. I hope to have some time this weekend. I just need to figure out how and at what settings to charge these two batteries. NiMh was easy.... 4600 mah pack, charge it at 4.6 amps. I have heard some guys charge their lipos at 2x and some 1x so I am just not sure which ones to follow. I hope I made the right decision and am not going to burn the house down.

Tom

You can't go wrong with charging at 1C rate Tom. Even at the racetrack when you're under time restrictions 1C seems to be fine. The cool thing I've noticed is that my packs are not warm at all after a run so I'm not concerned about putting it back on charge shortly after the run (no downtime waiting for the packs to cool like Nimh need). Generally after my heat I'll put the car down and unplug the pack then go marshal for the next heat. Right after that heat is over I'll return to the pit and put the pack on charge for next time my heat comes around. It's working out perfectly for me right now. Now if I were running a mod class that would discharge my packs more it might not time out quite as well but I'm running stock and VTA so the discharge is not that substantial for a 5 minute QFR. Have I mentioned that I LOVE racing!

Awesome charger!

Looks like both of my 720i's glued together. LOL

You got what I would have gotten had it been available in that configuration at the time.

Hyperion3.jpg

You can't go wrong with charging at 1C rate Tom. Even at the racetrack when you're under time restrictions 1C seems to be fine. The cool thing I've noticed is that my packs are not warm at all after a run so I'm not concerned about putting it back on charge shortly after the run (no downtime waiting for the packs to cool like Nimh need). Generally after my heat I'll put the car down and unplug the pack then go marshal for the next heat. Right after that heat is over I'll return to the pit and put the pack on charge for next time my heat comes around. It's working out perfectly for me right now. Now if I were running a mod class that would discharge my packs more it might not time out quite as well but I'm running stock and VTA so the discharge is not that substantial for a 5 minute QFR. Have I mentioned that I LOVE racing!

I do the same thing and I run the mod class. I wouldn't worry too much.

Just don't run the battery down to the cut-off and store it that way. I always give it a full charge before storing, but I use both of them on a weekly basis.

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement! I need it! I may need some help from Robmob and Lessen on how to use this damn charger... it is complicated as hell! LOL I am sure I can figure it out... especially knowing that there are a few guys here that have some experience. Anybody else store their lipos in there house?

You will be surprised how easy it is to use once you start using it. The only thing I actually read the instructions for was to find out how to use Store mode.

Yeah, Rob is right. It's quite easy once you start using it. I had to look up Store Mode too. Love that!

Yeah... I am reading the instructions for sure! The checkpoint charger was sweet and really easy to use. They all seem to be setup similar. I like the fact that I don't have to buy a balancer, or adapter boards or anything like that. It is all in one neat package. I am really looking forward to seeing how it all works. I know Rob keeps his batteries in a building not attached to his house. Lessen, where do you store your packs?

I store mine in my apartment. I just keep them in an old ammo can.

Honestly, I'm not doing anything special with them at the moment. They're just sitting on my desk in the house.

I do tend to worry too much about alot of things.... but one of worst fears is house fires... honestly next to something bad happening to my kids or my family is house fires. Then why did I go lipo some of you may ask.... because it is the times... and if you want to be competitive... you got to make the switch.

I think they're a lot safer now but I still should store them safer... eventually.

Sent from my DROIDX

Man, that's one nice setup godale, congrats. You could power a small village with that thing. :hehe:

Thats the plan when we loose power during a thunderstorm! LOL

very nice set up you have there! I have the (i think) 610 duo and checkpoint PS I have works fine to charge 2 packs at once. Like most have said, I use the 1C charge rate on my Losi 5K packs. Charge time has never been a problem, but then again, I never run the pack to the cut off limit. As for storing them, you should be fine. the safe will give you the protection you need. I leave mine sitting on the work bench in their lipo sack with a 1 gallon zip lock bag filled with sand on top of them.

I leave mine sitting on the work bench in their lipo sack with a 1 gallon zip lock bag filled with sand on top of them.

If I had a zip lock bag filled with sand on my work bench, it wouldn't be long until I had sand all over my work bench. LOL

Back