Long drive cup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodrob

not hotdogbob
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know of a drive cup longer than the extended revo one?

transmited from a mobile communications device

Really Dnt wanna wait 2 months for a cup from robin ,are u sure that that is not the shaft size they fit? I need a longer 6mm cup

Last edited:
Huh? Do you mean you need a cup longer than 6mm?

Dude you are confused about something ,what are u talking about,I've never even heard of a drive cup that short,lol,just so you know...the revo cup is like3/4" which translates to like 18 or 19 mm,someone should teach you how to determine lengths and sizes,do you know how to read a tape?I'm really not trying to bust on you but if I didn't know anybetter I could of wasted money on those drive cups,shouldn't give advice if you Dnt know what you are taliking about!

Last edited:
Ok yea, I was wrong my apologies. On a side note the UE cup is a hair longer than the revo cup

91D4DA4D-F6F5-426D-86F6-9692D7F6C699-2330-0000023070DE1602.jpg

Last edited:
The"size" is the size shaft that they fit not the length of the cup,as I said I'm wondering if anyone knows of a 6mm cup that's longer than the revo extended cup,

Dont know of one off the top of my head. You may check with tekno they make a lot of different drive cups for electric applications. I know the setup on my bros slash has some cups that are close 1" long but i dont know what size they are.

Ya a 1" long one would work

I'm thinkin that there probably a. 5 mm,

You will have a hard time finding a cup longer than the revo extended cups.
I have just about every type/brand of cup ever made and the revo extended cups are the longest I have when measured from the anchor to the end of the cup.
Like 2revo asked, why? If you give a little info on why we may be able to come up with a better solution than the longer cups. Once the length of the cup gets past a certain point, it will start to present other problems.

I ran out of my surplus of old axel's that I've been using for my rear center shaft,..time to use this ti bone that I have ,I tried using a revo output gear in my diff but the bevel is wrong,

What diff, and length bone are you trying to fit?

With a stock chassis and diff on a 4908 or 4907 maxx, you can use the revo cups and an hpi 77 or 78mm dogbone for the rear center.

Running a monoblock,all 6 mm shafts ,bone is exactly 4" from center of pin to center of pin,as it is the bone catches only a few mm's in each cup when shimmed with fuel tubing shims,if I could just get to the point where the bone won't fall out by itself I would be happy

Last edited:
If you’re running the stock short chassis and a mono the shaft should be 100.5mm pin to pin.
That’s with the 3.3 spec diff.
If using the emaxx diff with that setup the input pinion is shorter than the 3.3 maxx spec diff and you will want to swap in the input pinion from the 4909 maxx diff to the emaxx diff to make up the difference.
If using the extended maxx 4908/7 chassis and a mono you will have a little more distance to make up as the extended chassis is a little longer in the rear as well.

T-maxx 3.3 diffs with the extended chassis

If you’re using the 3.3 spec tranny with foc 6mm shaft all you should need is the extended cups on the tranny output and diff input, then add o-rings or slices of fuel tubing in the base of the cups to keep the bone centered in the cups.

Back