Little help please.........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well a couple weeks ago I started having trouble with my 2.5 blowing the exhaust off. Did not matter how tight I had the zip ties it still would pop it off. So I put a aluminum resonator on and got rid of the stock exhaust. HUGE difference. More power and better throttle response. I had it out racing around the yard and rolled it, not uncommon. However it died immediately. Not a few seconds after it rolled but right away. I have yet to get it to fire again. I have no idea why. I have dumped the fuel and tried fresh, replaced fuel lines, replaced glow plug, unhooked the glow ignighter from the EZ start and used a standard glow lighter. I have also pulled the air filter and checked the exhaust. I have been pulling my hair out. Why would an engine that has never given a bit of trouble suddenly not want to run? Any ideas? Thank You, Shaun

Make sure your carb is open 1mm and I would make sure the exhaust isn't stopped up with something or kinked off since you said it took a spill. Also make sure your fuel line isn't cut or have a small hole in it. I would replace the fuel line with new fuel line. I had one do that before and it was all because of a small pin hole in the fuel line that I couldn't even see. It took my lhs buddy to find it and fix it I couldn't figure it out. Hope this helps.

Thank You for the response. I have replaced the fuel lines already. One thing that just came to mind reading your response was the possibility that I caused another leak somewhere. I think I will tear it down and reseal everything, It may be possible that I broke a seal somewhere causing a leak. Thank You, Shaun

I know you said you replaced the glow plug but just a thought did you check the glow plug to make sure it's getting hot. I have gotten brand new glow plugs that were bad. Put it in your glow ignitor and make sure it's getting fire red.

I will do that. I too have gotten bad plugs brand new. May have over looked testing it in my frustration.

Build a primer.
Get one of those plastic syringes that are used to give babies cough syrup, (clean thoroughly) attach it to exhaust silicone line, and see if you can prime it with the syringe attached to one end of your exhaust/fuel tank silicone line (attach to the side your exhaust pipe connects to)...never use you mouth to prime a nitro engine, and wear rubber mechanics gloves.

Once you have your primer set up in place, see if you can easily transfer fuel from the tank to the engine, forcing air into you fuel tank by depressing the syringe, if not/or difficult, then I'd take the carb apart and see if there was anything blocking the fuel delivery.

I found a piece of metal in one of my axial carbs that wouldn't allow it to start......I think it came from the aluminum fuel cell I was using.

It was a leak. The backplate had come loose. Thank You all for the help. Shaun

Back