Little extra cash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got blessed with a side job a few weeks ago and i will be invoiceing them tommorow. Its a some Micrologix 1500 programming and panelview plus programming. It pays $75 an hour and i have about 15 hours invested. I am giving more to my wife but she's letting me keep $100 for something crawler related. Lets hear your ideas. You can find out what it has on my build thread. I was thinking maybe some of the losi crawler shocks and then something else. where ya at charlie?

hmmm, you've already got a lot of the stuff that I would tell most people to start with. Get the losi shocks, save about $20 for a project that's yet to be reveiled, and if you can go over budget I would say go with a dig setup, but that's going to put you WAY over the mark. How many LiPo batteries do you have? If you only have one, you could get one more.

BEER!!! I always enjoy a nice cold one while crawling.

i don't think i can go dig with my current MIP shafts so thats not something i am looking at. I do only have one battery but by the time it dies, i am tired of crawling anyway. haha. So losi shocks for sure, and a 12T pinion. (i forgot about that) Anything else? Maybe i can squeeze a little bitty bit more outta my wife. haha

I don't drink, so no cold brewski's for me.

Dont worry man, I'm not a drinker either. Just red bull and NOS while I'm out on the course. I did order a 12T pinion for you after we talked about it that day, but if you want to go ahead and order one I could surely use an extra one around here. When you get the Losi crawler shocks, order a pair of the yellow 2.75 Losi springs for the rear, and a package of HPI part # 85050. That includes some HPI rod ends that are a lot heavier duty than the losi rod ends, and they are also longer. It also includes (these are important) some spring perches that are WAY deeper than the Losi's, so it holds the spring in place a lot better. I gave about $3 for the set, and theres lots of extra parts on there that you can use for other stuff.

i rememebr that HPI part number from when i put together my old losi shocks. Good ol savage stuff. If you don't have a place for that pinion, i'll definately buy it from you. If you do have a place for it then no worries, i'll order another. i JUST finalized the program so i am going to bed. I am going dump it in at 7:30AM

if i recall you got the rtr or artr? you could always get a different body while you have some extra.

Let me get this right. You made $1125.00 in 15 hours, and your wife is letting you have $100.00? That sure is nice of her.

Let me get this right. You made $1125.00 in 15 hours, and your wife is letting you have $100.00? That sure is nice of her.

yeah :( Its all good tho. I know if i kept it, i would have a 5B sitting in the garage. :D She's putting it into the retirement fund. She has the willpower and discipline to look more than one week ahead. I sadly, do not.

Why would you want to look that far ahead, damn, could die tommorrow. Live each day your alive.

thats how you end up saying, "Good afternoon, Welcome to walmart"

Nah, Well, at least for me, the retire benifits are amazing. After 30 years, 99.99% of salary for me and (eventually) my spouse.

Last edited:
I am sure you'll be fine after retiring from the state police. I just don't want to be too old to work and have to rely on the federal government to feed me. I want to be old and self sustaining.

Ouch, wasn't trying to start anything, just sayin........

I'll be depending on myself for my retirement. anyways.

Losi shocks, some springs, save some for charlie.

(sound good?)

Just invoiced them. They wanted EEPROMS burnt so my total hours came to 21. WOOT!