LHS sucks!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok guys my LHS sucks they can't even get ordering fuel right anymore! It looks like I will have to order my fuel online now great. I have been checking out Torco brand is it any good? I also found a brand sold on ebay that has great reviews about how awesome it is. But it's a individual brewer, called Artic fuels, anyone tried it before? My hobby shop has Nitrotane or top fuel and I hate top fuel. What do you guys think of the Nitrotane? I only run 20%. in any fuel. I really liked Black ops fuel but they just seem to get it in stock anymore.

Never heard of or used Artic Fuels. I am currently using Nitrotane and have no problems with it. I kinda don't like that it is clear but it runs good.

I have also used Torco and it is one of my favorites. I plan on buying it next when I use up what I have on hand.

After my LHS closed I found it to be really expensive to ship fuel. The extra charge to ship flammable fluids made it unreadable and the 3hr drive to the nearest hobby store made nitro a thing of the past for me. :angry: I hope you will still be able to have fun with nitro.

^^was your LHS hightorque hobbys?^^

yep

I tried to support Dan as much as I could but I was only one costumer. I didn't mind that I was paying more to buy from him. With him gone I'm sure I am paying more now because of shipping.

I hear you bud, I tried to buy there as much as possible. I even tried to buy a phaser a long time ago......at least I think he called it a phaser.

After my LHS closed I found it to be really expensive to ship fuel. The extra charge to ship flammable fluids made it unreadable and the 3hr drive to the nearest hobby store made nitro a thing of the past for me. :angry: I hope you will still be able to have fun with nitro.

My hobby shop still carries fuel but can't get my preferred brand in stock! It really isn't much more for to buy online maybe 5 or 8 bucks no big deal. I will keep running my nitro's until no one make fuel anymore. I appreciate all the response's guys!

Do you have any friends closer to the city where they could buy it and re box it. I had a friend in Oregon and like your situation it was more than double to ship the fuel, so he had me in California buy the fuel in quarts and repackage it and ship it ground. If the fuel is shipped via next day which is by air they freak out about any type of fuel, but if it is by ground you should be fine.

Found a solution I got all the guys that we run with local to pull our money together to do a bulk purchase for torco fuel, then just split it up only ended up costing us like two dollars more than buying from the LHS.

^^ I did this same thing once. I brought 7 cases from Edmonton, only 1 was mine.

Back