Lets talk T maxx/ E maxx diffs.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvjv2009

The dork that asks all the stupid questions...
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was reading that e maxx gears are tougher than t maxx gears. I have a set of housings a friend gave me that are said to be for e maxx. He also gave me a couple spools. If they are tougher does anyone have the defiant part num. For the rin and pinion?

The reason I say defiant part num is I see several different numbers when I search.

its not so much the gears that are stronger but more the actual casing where the spider gears are ,the bl diffs have whats called an I beam in tem which helps stop the spiders stripping the housing and basically causing total power loss.
the external casings are slightly different between the t and e ,the t having 2 types the older 2 screw and the newer 4 screw design the latter being better as it stop the case from flexing and stripping the pinion in most cases.
if you are going to use a bl diff in a nitro be aware you may have to change the pinion to a 4909 spec which is the longest in the maxx series as the bl diff has a short pinion.
spools are a bad idea in most applications unless you are on sand and even then it will make the truck very hard to control and is very hard on driveshafts.

I am working on an idea for a nitro powered crawler.. That was the reason for spolin.

I agree with the chickenman fully .....overheating is a definite issue with a nitro based crawler rig man,big time,they really need to be in motion for cooling purposes

Nitros are not meant for crawling, not even under the best conditions. The clutch will have to slip constantly and the engine won't be getting any moving air. Those problems cause a serious overheating issue.

Yep.. the more I look into it the more walls I hit. I was looking at how long a small fan would run on a hump pack, and I found a program I was trying out to design a gear box to gear it way down. But both seem like a hassle..

and now you know why nitro crawlers dont really exist.....tomorrow we will work on colors ok

With the way that the crawler/scaler craze has hit the market in the past few years, if there were a viable way to do a nitro crawler, one of the big companies would have figured it it by now.

Good point..

I've got my eye on a set of E maxx complete diffs from an Ebay chop shop. Just so happens that a recent home repair project called for some plumbers putty. Check!

An emax, even with locked diffs will suck on the rocks. Get a purpose built crawler. There is a difference in rock crawling and pointing a rig at a rock and flooring it and jumping over stuff. ESC's are specifically designed for crawling with drag brakes and motors wound for low speed and torque like a 55t motor. Not even getting into the independent vs solid axles and suspension articulation.

An emax, even with locked diffs will suck on the rocks. Get a purpose built crawler. There is a difference in rock crawling and pointing a rig at a rock and flooring it and jumping over stuff. ESC's are specifically designed for crawling with drag brakes and motors wound for low speed and torque like a 55t motor. Not even getting into the independent vs solid axles and suspension articulation.
Ok. I under stand what you are saying. I kinda scrapped the whole crawler idea all together for now. I am buying parts for another project. Just not too sure witch direction it is going just yet. When I do get to a crawler it will be a purpose built crawler. Thanks for the input..

The project I'm getting the parts for WILL be a T-maxx and have a Nitro engine of some sort. That is all that I'm sure of at this point.

Pull cord just pulls out would that just be the one way gear
cranks once

If you start a new thread with your question instead of high jacking someone else's thread with your oddball jibberish nonsense you'll get some some friendly help I guarantee we're all here to help each other and share ideas not shut each other down unlike that other forum down the hall to your left just give it a chance

Could this be Snowcheetah in disguise using "speel chicken"? You be the judge...

Last edited:
If you start a new thread with your question instead of high jacking someone else's thread with your oddball jibberish nonsense you'll get some some friendly help I guarantee we're all here to help each other and share ideas not shut each other down unlike that other forum down the hall to your left just give it a chance

Could this be Snowcheetah in disguise using "speel chicken"? You be the judge...
Well i just singed up for this didnt know i could make my own didnt mean to highjack it was active and i just need quick help but to get a guy saying i am a child for asking for help from people that might know wut thay are doing

I think he was just trying to lead you to where you would get better advice. But to answer your question, yes it prob. is your owb. Clean it with wd.

Well i just singed up for this didnt know i could make my own didnt mean to highjack it was active and i just need quick help but to get a guy saying i am a child for asking for help from people that might know wut thay are doing

Actually, princess, in stead of blowing up like a lil girl on her first period, and looking at my post in a different perspective, it was meant as a joke as you posted a completely unrelated question to the original topic instead of in the proper place, thus you were lost in the wrong section of the forum.

Back