Lets See YOUR LHS!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my buggy from Debbie's. Real nice people with good prices.

My LHS is so horrible, in the way they treat people to the way they mark up prices past retail. If anyone wants a Savage I can get you one for the bargain price of 599.99. the old T's are on sale for 499.99. Oh yeah, according to them, a professional tuner should tune your rig for the bargain price of 20$ a tune. I asked a kid why they don't teach the kids how to tune, his reply was that they are too stupid:wtf: It's too bad that they are the only LHS in the area, I only go when I am desperate. The name is : Big Boy's Toys.

That sounds HOrrible Maxx. YOu should Go outside the LHS and tune peoples rigs for .50cents. That shop must be big scammers. Is there lots of customers?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Well I have 3 LHS. 1st one is mostly airplanes. They suck. The people don't know poop and they never have anything on the shelves, it's pathetic

The second one is okay, prices are high and the workers are kinda pricks. They treat you like a king if you're buying a car, but as soon as you try to get just $4 part, they start to ignore you. (I told my dad about them when he was gonna buy a r/c car before we got there, they treated him like a king when they thought they were gonna make a big sale, then they started just walking off when he just wanted to buy a part.) Their prices for stuff are really high. I got ripped off cuz i didn't shop around. I bought a novarossi cx12 for 200 when i could have gotten it for 50.

Now for the good hobby shop. This place rocks. They hold races every weekend. All their employees race so they know their poop. The inventory is always good. They're willing to fix stuff on the spot while the other places only fix it if they feel like it. They also treat you like a king whether you're buying $1.50 worth of screws for a $400 t-maxx. Customers are always in there and it's just a great place. That's the only hobbyshop I go to get anything for my car. I only go somewhere else if they don't have it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by SilentHunterKellen
That sounds HOrrible Maxx. YOu should Go outside the LHS and tune peoples rigs for .50cents. That shop must be big scammers. Is there lots of customers?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Actually the owner saw me messing with a guys TC and got very upset, seems he charged the guy four times for tuning and still didn't get it right. I ran into him in the parking lot and got it going in about 5 minutes LOL! Yes, the guy gets tons of buisness, he is the only shop for about 2 hours in any direction, actuall he has two shops one in my town and one in a local mall. He has an inside carpet track, inside dirt and outside dirt. He makes money hand over fist and still robs his customers.:doh:

Lightspeed...

although I cannot find the site.

well myne used to be tammies hobbies but now its R/C modelers i dont think they have a website

this is the dumb LHS

http://www.tamaqua.net/propnwheels/

He's rude, won't talk to you and makes you feel like you're wasting his time. Furthermore, this is what he sells:

props-image4.jpg

tires and rtr duratrax ... whoopie ...

The good hobby shop is called "R&W Hobbies and Crafts". They don't have a website. They should. They run a 1/8 scale buggy track and the people are nice folks. I think I'll buy my buggy off him just to give him a few bucks, cause they are good people.

Charging people to tune? That's bullshit as far as I'm concerned. Just about all of the guys I race with are willing to help anytime (as long as we're not busy with our own :\ ) It's a shame that you have grown men exploiting young kids and adults for money they work hard for. Capitalism is great isn't it.

At my track its alot like Razor's were very friendly and help these lil 11year olds and their fathers with T-Maxxes dial in their trucks for free. But the LHS charges to break in engines so....i think thats a rip because...we have to supply the fuel. Damn thats stupid! O..Am I the only person with a Hobby Shop that sells things other than R/C stuff?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

No, my lhs sells a bunch of little stupid things as well. I wouldn't let anyone in my lhs touch anything of mine. A couple of them know what they are talking about but when it comes to 1/8 scale those guys truly are clueless.

the greatest LHS

I am extremely lucky to live next to one of the largest RC Car hobby shops in the country. The owner is the team driver for Corally. Check it out - awesome place. www.superiorhobbies.com

www.amainraceway.com Is mine. they are a group of really nice guys and are very knowledgeable. (sp) Also have a home town hobbies but they are d**ks down there. They wont even talk to you unless you are throwing hundred dollar bills at them.

Back