LED Headlights on my Savage XL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMVance

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am a new Savage XL owner (love it) and have found that it needs some lights for evening running. I have found a LED offroad light set that can be turned on/off by a spare radio channel. My question is this... Since the XL comes with a 2 channel radio, can the HPI Mixer for the 3rd (pseudo) channel for the reverse module be used as the third channel to control the lights? IE, instead of hooking the servo for the reverse into the mixer, could I hook the lead from the light controller into the mixer?

Any ideas will help.

Thanks in advance.

u must have some nice neighbors to be able to run that big bad boy at night lol

No, won't work through a mixing channel. Needs a separate channel for on/off.
Just connect it to your receiver with an in line switch so you can use them when it gets dark.

No, won't work through a mixing channel. Needs a separate channel for on/off.
Just connect it to your receiver with an in line switch so you can use them when it gets dark.

thats how i have my lights set up on my Tmaxx

Have yours set up like Rolex or like I was asking about with the mixer?

Most of the light sets on ebay have its own 9v hook up and switch.

I am a new Savage XL owner (love it) and have found that it needs some lights for evening running. I have found a led lights offroad light set that can be turned on/off by a spare radio channel. My question is this... Since the XL comes with a 2 channel radio, can the HPI Mixer for the 3rd (pseudo) channel for the reverse module be used as the third channel to control the lights? IE, instead of hooking the servo for the reverse into the mixer, could I hook the lead from the light controller into the mixer?

Any ideas will help.

Thanks in advance.

What was the exact cost of these LED lights.I am looking for second hand lights

Last edited:
i have those lights with a 9v plug pm if interested,,,,,,,,,,,,,,