Leafs vs Links - Whats the differance?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, so I have been into this scene for awhile now, and am still wondering what are the noticable differances between leafs/shocks and links/shocks?

How do they differ on the trails/rocks?

I'm only reall concerned now because I am seriously so wrapped up in either a SCX10 kit or the new TF2.

I have had many linked setups but only 1 leafed setup and did not have it long enough to learn about it.

Thanks in advance

IMO it's looks v/s performance!

Leafs look great and with some work can perform ok, a link set up on a scaler isn't very scale but links will out perform leafs all day.

Link type suspensions use rods (links) to locate the axle and coil-over shocks to spring and dampen the load. Leaf springs both locate and suspend the axle. The shocks dampen the rebound effect on both.

not only that but links can articulate much much more that leafs but i love the leaf spring look

Hmm ok, i like leafs but i love the flex from link

leafs are definately more money. aside from that i think its mainly a scale looks thing.

It all depends on what your lookin for - appearance or performance. Myself - unless I make a shelf queen I base everything on the best performance possible. That said links far outperform leafs everyday. I remember a certain little "swimming vid" you made with a truck last summer so I would think your more of a performace rather than looks kinda guy.

Back