Launch Ramp for jumps

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasCS

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I found a great way to have a very reliable ramp for jumping your tough Savage X and others with.
From the folks at http://www.ten-eighty.com/ a skateboard ramp made of polypropylene.

Has anyone here, used a Launch Ramp for jumping your RC's with.
http://www.ten-eighty.com/Product_Detail.aspx?Id=490
Looks like it would be safe, extremely resilient & do the trick nicely.

Launch...

Chas

People have been using those for years.

My goodness, you've stumbled on a miracle! Just kidding, I think it's a little too narrow for high speed jumps. I have a way better one made of wood, but it needs to be replaced.

We were hitting it at around 45- 50 mph.

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

we use two of them side by side so we can hit them with some speed. Hitting a single one with a savage XL is a little tough as the truck is almost as wide as the ramp.

Sky Pilot, how high can you fly?

Nothing new then.
For you who already have, continued success.
For those who don't, here's something to consider.

Anyway, some of my next jumps are going be pretty high.
But I'll be soaring through the clouds when I do.

Align TRex 700 E DFC HV 3GX 2.1

Cheers, onward and upward.

Ground Control to Major Tom...

Chas

I used th double on with my rustler and my tmaxx. But if you don't do it perfect you land on the edge and flip the truck. I have a single on as we'll and its fine with the rustler but hard to get speed with the maxx. I put 2 singles together and make my tmaxx fly.

we use two of them side by side so we can hit them with some speed. Hitting a single one with a savage XL is a little tough as the truck is almost as wide as the ramp.

Hitting them with any Savage is tough but I do it all the time. Really interesting when you hit half on half off :hehe:

Show me state

Hitting them with any Savage is tough but I do it all the time. Really interesting when you hit half on half off :hehe:

Hi Racer 1966,
Gee, I know that would be awesome to see.
Any chance you have any video?
Just sounds like fun.

Chas

Below's an old video of me jumping on a couple times. I had just got the ramps, so it was my first time jumping.

th_IMG_0020.gif

Snapped a drive shaft, I've since upgraded to the HD ones from the Slash 4x4. I have beat them and have not had one break since. I was replacing the stock ones all the time, the 3.3 and Dyn .19 have more torque than the .15 that came in the Rustler.

Sweet jumps

Below's an old video of me jumping on a couple times. I had just got the ramps, so it was my first time jumping.

th_IMG_0020.gif

Hi SchrodeMode,
That was great! Gosh, I wasn't expecting that first jumo so quick in the video.
Man, you were really hitting that ramp well. Getting quite a bit of elevation in doing so.
Thanks, I had to see it in live action.

Chas

For less money you can make one that would be alot better then that, plus you can use whatever transition you want. Depending on what you want to do go for distance or height, that would be good for distance and one with more transition would be better for height. I think most would agree with me that height is preferred. Just Google ramp plans, I made mine from less then 2 2/4s and one sheet of plywood. Leftovers from a home renovation.

For less money you can make one that would be alot better then that, plus you can use whatever transition you want. Depending on what you want to do go for distance or height, that would be good for distance and one with more transition would be better for height. I think most would agree with me that height is preferred. Just Google ramp plans, I made mine from less then 2 2/4s and one sheet of plywood. Leftovers from a home renovation.
I got mine for free, gotta love it when a 27 yr old shows up to get items that a teenager has outgrown. :hehe:

High wacmartin,
420 posts eh? Way to fly man. Smile

I jest...

Chas

---------- Post added at 9:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:56 PM ----------

I got mine for free, gotta love it when a 27 yr old shows up to get items that a teenager has outgrown. :hehe:

SchrodeMode,
Was it a Garage sale or a free bin? Perhaps an ad in Craig's List.
Did the kid give it up, or his parents?

Either way, you got yourself a fine free ramp.

Enjoy it.

Chas

High wacmartin,

I jest...

Chas

---------- Post added at 9:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:56 PM ----------

SchrodeMode,

Enjoy it.

Chas

It was a "virtual" yard sale, it's some local group on FB.

It was a "virtual" yard sale, it's some local group on FB.

Hi,
Hey, well done, and good going.

I will have to visit a few yard/garage sales, soon. But with my eye on the prize!!

Who would ever have thought a perfect RC ramp would show up there?

Congrats man!

Chas

High wacmartin,

I jest...

Chas

SchrodeMode,

Enjoy it.

Chas

In my younger days I liked the green stuff I preferMolson Canadian now, I noticed yesterday my next post would be 420 lol. As for the garage sales I've been at them for the last 2 summers looking for the elusive garage sale hobby grade rc deal and although I've heard they happen I've never seen one.

Last edited: