Latest revo project!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twisted metal

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is my latest build guys and I am very eiger to stop the lean issue after roll overs, I have seen a few threads hear about with some info on a header tank setup. I have given that some thought and done some research on it and it seems that and the weighter suction line are the two best options.? Any thoughts or ideas on how to install one, or any mod to help with my issue would be greatly appreciated!

P1010506.jpg

P1010512.jpg

P1010520.jpg

Last edited:
with my setup with the header tank you kinda need a wing. only problem is with roll overs it doesn't see any fuel apart from whats in the line. i found the way i have it setup tho the best for every other position apart from upside down which i try and avoid.

if you look in my thread i tried it laying down but when u turn left and right the fuel wont be at the sucker end so you then have problems with leaning out when turning left and right. when the tank is mounted front to back then you have the issue of leaning out when braking and throttle. the position its in now is best of those worlds but maybe some extra fuel line might be best fix for roll overs.

but if it stalls when rolled over i have a push glow and pull start so i just walk around with a controller and sometimes a screw drives and thats in. dont need to lug around ez starts or any of that crap.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98823

Sweet Revo! Hey I have a rpm fixed toe rear and same rpm front. Did you have a issue with the aluminum camber set/locks not wanting to thread straight? I have 4 Revos 3 have rpm set ups and they all tried to whip me! I like the Maxx/jato exhaust set up. I don't run Traxxas fuel line anymore, I used a thicker wall line...honestly not a noticeable diff. If I flip on the roof I lightly throttle to prevent flood or shut off....and ruN Like A CrazYbperson. Nice truck brother

I havent had any troubles with my kits, but i know people that have had the same issue as you.

Ya it's good stuff, the last set I bought (month ago) had a sticker on instructions talking about this not being a warranty issue. I know how to fix so it's no big deal.

Hey have you ever bought the Dye-able arms? Or know anyone who has? I have only done blue and black. I like the idea of going a crazy color. Most Revo parts polished-blue-red. I'm thinking lime green arms with traxxis green hubs.

have u looked around at the color options? They may only have like one standard green dye..

---------- Post added at 7:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:59 PM ----------

http://www.ritdye.com/store/

That's what I'm talking about! Great look. Seems like all my Revos are red and blue, that's different.

Thanks. Too bad there all shelved. Its too darn hot to run them (114 outside today)

Thanks. Too bad there all shelved. Its too darn hot to run them (114 outside today)

I know the feeling...been 98 to 104 all summer so we have been running late...hard on truck battery with the headlights on! Ha. My arms should be in tomorrow, what should I use? How about automotive paint? Thanks

"It's more than a hobby...it's an addiction!"

I know the feeling...been 98 to 104 all summer so we have been running late...hard on truck battery with the headlights on! Ha. My arms should be in tomorrow, what should I use? How about automotive paint? Thanks

If you're talking about for the arms, don't paint them, use the Rit dye. The paint will flake off, but the dye will soak in.

Who sells the "Rit dye"?

Who sells the "Rit dye"?

Phoenix Brands LLC:D

You can get it at Wal-Mart, you may have more color options at Hobby Lobby or another "craft" store though. They also have a website.

You can buy rit dye at wal mart, rite aid, Walgreens, etc. You get my piont.

Twisted metal arent you on the traxxas forums as well? I thought i seen this same revo posted on there. I love it man! Wicked lookin rig.

Yea I am a member there as well, however a rather bothering situation you have to watch what you talk about on their site.... how weird

Yes i know. I'm surprised i havnt been banned yet. I have gotten warned twice for crap and dont even post on there hardly any at all now. I'm really only on it to follow snookmans 100mph challenge thread anyways. This forum is much more helpful and laid back by far.

I have noticed that. It seems great to be able to actually talk about the sport with some support and not all the haggle that come along with traxxas

Back