Late to the party?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bl0at3r

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just bought my savage and am interested in reading about tuning, hop-up and modding tips.....

But it seems I may be a little late to the party, has everyone outed their savages and moved onto something else?

Why is this savage section (and other forums) so quiet?

Bl0at3r
Check out my Savage related stuff here

Last edited:
Never too late to a Savage party. There are alot of them here. Just take some time to read the Sav forum and I bet you'll find a lot of info. And if you don't find what you need, by all means post up questions. I'm sure there will be a lot of answers.

cool thanks
and good to know - mind you, at least spares would be cheaper on fleabay if nobody had them anymore!

Bl0at3r

Last edited:
Still a popular truck. You made a good choice.

Oh it's a VERY popular truck, and many of us on here would tell you that the Savage is by far the best nitro MT when it comes to bashing. We all like to try different things. For example, I enjoy building and wrenching WAY more than driving my RC's, and other people are like that too. Don't get discouraged just because some of us sold them, heck most of us will have another one. I don't know of anything in the same category of truck or even 1/8 scale for that matter that's anywhere near as durable.

Savages are still VERY popular on this forum. Maybe it's just a slow day.
Wander through the threads there and you'll see how all the Savvy owners feel.

Savages are still VERY popular on this forum. Maybe it's just a slow day.
Wander through the threads there and you'll see how all the Savvy owners feel.
Might want to look through the shelves too. :LoL:

Just couldn't resist. Sorry.

Damn, almost forgot, mine is on a shelf too. :surrender

Last edited:
nothing wrong with the savage.
it still has a huge following mines been bashed to death.
great fun welcome to the party it's on all night!!.

savage? who runs those anymore???
lol, jus kidding, savages are as popular as ever, I'm still rebuilding my original savage from 5 years ago, its a savage 21, rebuilt 4 times now, different everytime, youll love your savy, we all do
i still dont think theres a truck out right now thats as good, maybe the lst or mgt, but the savage is better looking, youll love it

Welcome to the club.

I must agree the savage has taken everything I have given it...not stock mind you, but after a few hop ups, the truck is virtually indestructable. Check out my vid if you like...

I would start with the alum. diff cases, also a steel spur gear, disc brake upgrade, and a fuel filter, ummm...trying to think of what else I smashed on that thing when I first got it....no, that'll get you bashing pretty reliable.

Any questions just ask.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent - thanks guys (and girls?)

having got it covered in mud over the weekend and then running it at an old clay tennis court it looks knackered!

the loose grains of sand/gravel at the tennis court has acted like a sandblaster on the rear suspension arms and springs :gulp:

Bl0at3r

Last edited:
The answer to the original question is simple.
EVERYONES SAVAGE IS PERFECT!

P.s. The first hopup is to put a decent mill in her. In my humble opinion that and the stock shocks are the Savages (X) only real problem.....

it looks knackered!!, thats an awesome word, I'm gonna start using it here in the states, next to australia, england is my favorite country..(besides the usa)....when i got my first savy, i did the servo saver upgrade which i think it comes with now, and when i did the dual disk upgrade, it was unbeleiveable, I've never had a problem with the diffs, but hpi should give me compensation for all the spur gears I've replaced

comedy! sorry for those non-english people....

knackered - means broken, ruined, bushed, sh4gged, kaput, worn out, done in, spoilt, shafted or 'oh my god my 400ukp model now looks like a 50ukp 2nd hand crock of cr4p that I just found in a skip'
:LoL:

Bl0at3r

Last edited:
what the heck you just say? lol i like the word shagged too
we should brushlessboy throw out some of those funny aussie words!!