Kyosho RT6 Knowledge Needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AClegg

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I know you some of you might be asking "Kyo… who? People still drive those?" Well, I use to race them back in the day... WAY back in the day. They always worked really good for me and kept me on the podium. I am that guy who likes to be different on the track and Kyosho really does make a really good car. These are the reasons chose to race with them.

Anyhow, I already have the RB7ss and now I am looking to get a stadium truck. However, everyone is sold out of the RT6. However, there are still a few places where I can get a an SC6. After looking at the parts list, it appears they are the same truck, just different bumpers and body mounts. However the rear arms have different part numbers but the shafts and the upper control arm has the same part number. I also know that he SC6 doesn't have the quick release hubs. Besides these items, can anyone tell me what is different? I was thinking of getting an SC6 and switching out the bumpers, rims, body mounts, and hubs to turn it into an RT6. Am I missing something?

chassis...

I did notice the chassis has a different part number, but I didn't see any benefits or need to change it. It appears to still meet all the regulations. Did you see any reason why it would need to be changed out?

just the rules I have run under,, sct is not a stadium truck.. I've literally had to drop my truck into a jig so with was correct along with overall length..u be the judge..

just the rules I have run under,, sct is not a stadium truck.. I've literally had to drop my truck into a jig so with was correct along with overall length..u be the judge..

Really?!?!? I have never seen that. I guess it would make sense. The SCT is a longer truck. I'll add the chassis to my list. Thank you very much. Can you think of anything else?

not off hand I dont see why you just dont buy a roller??

not off hand I dont see why you just dont buy a roller??

I can't find any. I tried Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist, offerup, etc... I found one in England, but he's asking too much for it. I would like to buy a new one because putting it together is 50% of the fun. Do you still race?

Back