Kyosho Giga Crusher Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I know this might be a long shot, but does anyone have a Kyosho Giga Crusher that can post up some pictures, specifically of the fuel tank? I'm trying to determine if the fuel tank from it will work in my vintage USA-1. Pictures I've seen look like it might, but all I can find are pictures of the tank itself, not mounted.

If anyone has one and is willing to post a few pics of it, I'd appreciate it!

I know this might be a long shot, but does anyone have a Kyosho Giga Crusher that can post up some pictures, specifically of the fuel tank? I'm trying to determine if the fuel tank from it will work in my vintage USA-1. Pictures I've seen look like it might, but all I can find are pictures of the tank itself, not mounted.

Are you looking for pics of the single motor truck, or the dual force? You can find videos of both on youtube, and pics of both can easily be found just by doing a google image search. This is just one of many sites that show the single engine version: https://www.rocousa.com/kyosho/kyosho_31144b.htm and here is a video of the Dual Force:

What are you looking to do? Looking to increase run time with a bigger tank. Or your tank on the us1 is broke. And trying to replace with a different tank.

It's comes down to the size and mounting holes. Of the tanks amd how they are mounted. It might work if you can make a mount for it. Seems the us1 has a bigger tank then the giga. Witch runs dual tanks and a single tank. Between the two models. It's probably possible. Will need to think out side the box. To figure a way to mount in the spot of the us1.

Need a new tank. I had to install a nipper in the current tank and I'm thinking air is getting in and leaning the engine out. Also pulls bubbles in so the engine stalls. By the looks of things, the tank from a Giga should drop right in. The tank I need is a BS-65 (part number) and I'm having a hard time finding one out there.

Worst case, I get a Giga tank and modify the mounts.
I have both the SF and DF models. I can post som photos of the fuel tank(s) later.
The DF tanks are smaller than the sf tank.
SF and I didn't think of YT, good call! I'll check it out. Thanks!

Need a new tank. I had to install a nipper in the current tank and I'm thinking air is getting in and leaning the engine out. Also pulls bubbles in so the engine stalls. By the looks of things, the tank from a Giga should drop right in. The tank I need is a BS-65 (part number) and I'm having a hard time finding one out there.

Worst case, I get a Giga tank and modify the mounts.

SF and I didn't think of YT, good call! I'll check it out. Thanks!
You can also look for tanks for the 1/8 Burns, Landmark and super 8 cars. They all run the same tank as the USA-1 truck. Can either use the Bs-65 or part number BS-28. Have you check to see if the new USA-1 tank will work on the vintage truck?

Can confirm it is the same tank.

20230218_181634-COLLAGE.jpg

Can confirm it is the same tank.

20230218_181634-COLLAGE.jpg
20230218_160406.jpg
Thanks a ton @ocv ! That's what I was hoping for.

@STONER RC The BS-28 is what I have. It's got a different set-up than the 65. The 28 has a small metal tube that goes into the tank, then a nipple-like connector that goes through the tank. When I got this truck and started the rebuild, the little tube in the tank cracked off. I do have a nipple it now and am using fuel line in the tanks, but I cannot get a good seal, so it pulls air in and leans the see engine out as well as stalling because bubbles enter the fuel line. Want to try the tank from the Giga and fresh fuel lines.