kyosho DRX fiesta s2000 tuning problems....please help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1985

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone,

I'm new to the nitro r/c world and just bought a Kyosho DRX fiesta s2000 from modelsport. i broke the engine in by running 4 tanks of 20% nitro fuel but can't tune the HSN and LSN.
I've read the manuel, looked on youtube but can't seem to sort it.
as far as i can tell I've now set the LSN by doing the pinch test it cuts out after approx 4-5 seconds without revving.
as soon as i think its all set, by that i mean not bogging or cutting out, i put it down to put the shell on and after around 30 seconds i will got to take off and it will just die!

when its right this thing flies but can't seem to keep it right.
i could go outside now start it up first crack and tune the HSN to run smooth and from what i can tell right and then after say 30 seconds would just die but the thing is it would take me ages to try and setup again.

I'm at my wits end with this car now as I've had it for a week and not been able to use it properly.

another thing that is worrying me is I've put led lights on it and it bogs down even more because of the extra weight. well its more from the weight of the 9v battery than the lights.

i really dont no what to do now and was hoping you guys might be able to help.

cheers sam

Pinching the fuel line should kill the engine in 2-3 seconds. The weight of a 9v battery wouldn't be noticable. Sounds like it needs tuned to me.

Yes it does need tuning but that's the point, it doesn't matter how much I alter the HSN and LSN it just runs rough.

hi, what do you mean by sealing the engine, i bought it brand new and rtr so wouldnt of thought you would have to do any of this?

Every nitro engine should be sealed. There's a sticky at the top of the nitro forum. Along with a great sticky about prepping a rtr vehicle for action.