krylon flat paint-

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeF

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want to paint an old body with a flat exterior. The inside is already painted. Can I paint the outside with flat Krylon paint? Not looking for a trophy finish. This is a crawler and gets pretty scratched up.

You can, but I am not sure it would stick. I would recommend grabbing some Parma Faskolor or some other brand meant for painting lexan. Although, if you scuff it up, the Krylon plastic paint might do just fine.

As said you can...... but I would use plastidip before. I've used both and liked plastidip more.

I agree, any paint on the out outside will chip and flake in no time... I once used a rubber bedliner spray from Home Depot and that held up reasonably well, though it eventually chipped over time, good thig was that it was easy to touch up from time to time and still look presentable :)

I painted the outside of my Arrma Mojave with satin black and it's held up better than I expected, I can't remember what brand I used but it was one of the regular brands like Krylon.

Just so long as your not looking for perfection, it has worn in a few high contact areas but it has also taken some pretty good tumbles. Your mileage may vary.