Know any good Work Stands

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Need to know if anybody knows of a good work stand for Monster Trucks. I've heard and seen the Extreamstandz Y Factor. Does anyone have any comments on that one. Lots of people tell me that it does'nt hold up after time. Would making one out of 3/4 pvc work. Let me know.

I'm not sure what monster you have, but if it's a Revo the ultimate work stand is a 3lb coffee can!

It fits on like a dream, you can put spares or tools in the can and best-of-all it's essentially free!!

Mr T

i made a stand for my cars out of pvc pipe and the glue doesn't hold very good so i used duct tape (the good stuff) and after time it wouldnt hold either like maxx said a coffee can or a paint can works great unless you want to go with diff stands out there also if you look in one of the last few month issues of rc driver it shows you how to make the pefect stand for real cheap and it works great

I have the duratrax one. (Cheaper $10 one) But it wasn't high enough for my savy so I had to have my dad spin a new stand post on the lathe

I made a stand out of 3/4 pvc, works ok. I'd change a few things if I made another though. My Revo didn't sit on it well and I have a buddy that does some on-line selling and he gave me a decent deal on the RD Logics Revo stand. I actually kinda like it.

All of my monsters sit on pvc stands while not in use.

To work on them, I use a Sawtooth RC clamping aluminum stand. It rotates, tilts and clamps the truck so it does not move. It works for my revo, savy, maxx and MGT. I need to have some custom brackets machined in order for it to work for the LST.

I use an ofna aluminum rotating stand for my buggy.

robmob said:
All of my monsters sit on pvc stands while not in use.

To work on them, I use a Sawtooth RC clamping aluminum stand. It rotates, tilts and clamps the truck so it does not move. It works for my revo, savy, maxx and MGT. I need to have some custom brackets machined in order for it to work for the LST.

I use an ofna aluminum rotating stand for my buggy.

robmob- I looked into those "Sawtooth" stands. Sweet stand. Although alittle expensive for me, I probably get a coffee can or at least get one of those extreamstandz. What's running thru my mind now is..You get what you pay for. :ponder2:

I use a small drawer organizer from Wal Mart, it's nice and high and you have the drawers to hold stuff in and it is around if not under $5, the only downfall is it doesn't rotate.

I like using my AKRO bins as stands. I CA glue a couple split fuel lines on the top edges for cushion and keeps the car from sliding around. I also use a low profile baking pan and line it with some oil absorbing cloths from Pep boys. It keeps all the parts in one place and the oil cloth keeps the screws from bouncing off the table when I drop them.

sweetdiesel said:
I like using my AKRO bins as stands. I CA glue a couple split fuel lines on the top edges for cushion and keeps the car from sliding around. I also use a low profile baking pan and line it with some oil absorbing cloths from Pep boys. It keeps all the parts in one place and the oil cloth keeps the screws from bouncing off the table when I drop them.

SD- Do you have any pics of that set up. Sounds about what I'm looking for.
BTW, I was born and raised in the bay area. Cupertino area. Where about in San Jose are you. I got 1 daughter by SJS University and another down in Gilroy. Too busy for me down there!

Here is a pic of the AKRO bins. I can take a shot of the baking sheet when I get home tonight. I work with the bin sitting on top of the sheet.

ab93ecc3.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

I really dig robmobs sawtooth stand though.

Nev, I'm in San Jose, and was born in Santa Cruz. I've pretty much stayed in this area my entire life. PM me next time you are in town, I can show you the new track in Morgan Hill.

Last edited:
Pic of the baking pan work "mat". I also line my bench top with oil absorbing cloth.

b023193b.jpg

SuperMaxx83 said:
i made a stand for my cars out of pvc pipe and the glue doesn't hold very good so i used duct tape (the good stuff) and after time it wouldnt hold either like maxx said a coffee can or a paint can works great unless you want to go with diff stands out there also if you look in one of the last few month issues of rc driver it shows you how to make the pefect stand for real cheap and it works great

You can use something called J/B Weld. It holds anything!! I used it to glue a mirror to my automobile and it holds like a charm!! Even holds through the car wash!!

SD..took your advice and got one of those AKRO bins. Works real good for the money. I have one of those Duratrax swivel stands but it moves to much for me at times. I got to figure out a way to keep it from moving around when I don't need it too. They got a track in Morgan Hill. Let me know where it is. I'll swing by next time I go down to see my daughter.

Sweet, thats a good idea bro! Nice work. Rc'ers have to be some of the most handy/universal guys out there..