King motors t1000

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klown

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently decided to change up my collection and i traded everything off and got a king motors t1000. I'm pretty excited about it as i have been wanting one since i started the hobby. The truck runs very well and has the two speed, and came with a extra motor. The guy i got it from tells me they are 30cc engines and that he was planning on putting a stroker kit in the extra motor. Being brand new to the gasser rc, i did some searcjes and the only stroker kits i could find are for the 28/29cc engines to make them into 30's... am i missing something? Lol i like the idea of having a hotrod engine for later on once I'm more used to the difference in size of the 1/5 scale. Any info on things i should be aware of will be greatly appreciated.

posted via the billboard that is a samsung note 2.

No help by me but Congrats! 1/5th scales are sick, I miss mine all the time. Pics would be nice too lol.

Shocks for my 85 chevy c10 pictured next to it for size reference for those who havent seen the awesome size of these beasts

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366840998506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366840998506.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 232
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366841012550.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366841012550.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 206
I have had trouble starting the truck, i found the factory settings for the carb, pulled and cleaned it and reset to factory. Nothing. New plug with proper gap. Nothing. Changed the coil. Nothing. Then i pulled the pull start off to adjust the slack and bam i see a big ol crack in the crank.
Now i guess it will need a new engine. I have a cy engine that came with the truck as an extra, but it has a bad piston amd a broken ring that has caused some cylinder damage. I'm thinking i shoulda just stayed with the electric stuff. Smh.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366909330945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366909330945.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 203
just change the flywheel with the one that is on the other engine. i think they sould be the same.

did you check out the flywheels to see if they sre the same.

Agreed, just swap out the flywheels...

I havent had the time to check. Been busy with a timing chain on a 4.6 dohc ford truck... a job that was under bid. Lol prolly get to it tomorrow after i get the shocks put on my 1:1

the flywheel is hard to get off so you will have to either put a piston stop in the spark plug hole or i have even used a clean rope and put a few inches of the rope in the hole and turn the flywheel until the piston stops on the rope.then use a socket wrench on the nut on the flywheel. you may need to put the socket wrench on and hit it with a hammer to break the nut loose.

Back