just got the fantom .27

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCJunkie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just received my fantom .27 today, after a month of waiting. however i went to my LHS and the owner's told me i could have bought the same engine for $129 with a different name on it. i know few companies mass produce these and slap diff names on them. i need help!! does anyone have this engine? it is good or a waste of $$$$, if so they have the RB .28 and that was first on my list just a few more dollars.

hell its up to you, if i were you i would just keep it. i heard some good stuff about the fanthom .27 engine. the question is how much power do you really want? :tank:

no tom! yeah thats true i'm gonna give it shot i'll let you know the results

I've heard very little about this engine (Fantom), but it has all been positive. No picco/wasp kill stories yet - that I'm aware of....

keep it. it's overpowered as it is with the fantom, with the rb .28 you'll barely blip the throttle and the truck will be on its back. and that's totally NOT fun:stick:

Definetely keep it, like Nitro_Freak said the RB .28 would be way over kill. 2.8 HP should be plenty of power imo.

i say keep it, that will be a lot of power too.
savager

If your gonna keep it tell us how it turns out I'm thinkin about gettin one to.

I got mine last week and it is super fast, real easy to tune and tons of bottom end!:redbuggy:

Can anyone tell me if the Roto start works on the Fantom and if so which backplate did you use??

Last edited: