Just bought 2 more used tmaxxs need some insight

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryptonite.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
So I currently have a tmaxx 2.5 chassis with a trinity .23 engine. I just bought a tmaxx 2.5 and a tmaxx 3.3 full stock setups for $100 I have been told the 3.3 tranny is blown. I was wondering which engine is best? I'm looking to make a bashing, on road and a racing setup with the three of them. Need some ideas and suggestions

Wow thats a steal, I love my 3.3 T-Maxx... I am in the same boat building a race and a basher so I will watch this thread

Damn what a deal lol, can we see pics of the t maxxes?

---------- Post added at 7:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:50 PM ----------

Lookin back i wished i bout a used one lolz

Just got the trucks home, well i should prob. say Truck with a bajillion pieces that you could put together to make a truck. But never the less trucks, Messed with the engines and noticed the 2.5 and the 3.3 were seized. After 3 hours of tear down I managed to rebuild the 3.3 and get turning smooth. I havent messed with the 2.5 yet. BUT I did notice on the 3.3 that the Clutch shoes have torn out of the eyelets and I'm guessing thats what caused the tranny to blow. Secondly I didnt get the 3.3 tranny, but i found one on ebay new for $40.

Is there an aftermarket set of clutch shoes that you would recommend? I have only heard bad things about the integy products

@bryankyut: I will post some pics tomorrow when the sun is out.

Picco .26 all the way the truck will fly.

id go with a pico red dot,only thing with them is i hear u have to seal em up first,i havent bought one yet cause i got a fine deal on a brand new 3.3. motor,glow plugs and a whole gallon of trinity 20 for 100 bucks,i will watch this thread because i am also building two maxs one original max will b my basher and the other strictly from parts is going to b a super size max.

I have a T-MAXX 3.3 to it has a ofna picco .21 in it and I'm changing the motor to the traxxas 3.3 engine

Just got the trucks home, well i should prob. say Truck with a bajillion pieces that you could put together to make a truck. But never the less trucks, Messed with the engines and noticed the 2.5 and the 3.3 were seized. After 3 hours of tear down I managed to rebuild the 3.3 and get turning smooth. I havent messed with the 2.5 yet. BUT I did notice on the 3.3 that the Clutch shoes have torn out of the eyelets and I'm guessing thats what caused the tranny to blow. Secondly I didnt get the 3.3 tranny, but i found one on ebay new for $40.

Is there an aftermarket set of clutch shoes that you would recommend? I have only heard bad things about the integy products

@bryankyut: I will post some pics tomorrow when the sun is out.

Integy only makes two (2) great products, the rollcage and the triple aluminum clutch set up I run it in my t maxx and its great very nice hook up and you can't beat the price